Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
I love the non traditional overlanding vehicles. Any other mods planned?
Yes many when I can convince the boss that it's time. :grimacing: I'd love to get a rack (K9), rear bumper (Metaltech) and hidden winch at some point. For now I'm working on a new, improved storage system based on Goose Gear's design, and I'll build a thread when I get more completed. In the meantime I added a very important piece of kit today that made my rig at least 10x more capable off-road. OB#3223
IMG_1006.JPG
:yum:

NoOneBetter

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA
Member #

What type of roof rack do you have and what is the load capacity? is it using the 4 mounting bolts or do you add two more to make 6?

Sent from my XT1254 using OB Talk mobile app
Its an Eezi-Awn K9 Roof Rack. Not sure on the exact load capacity rating but its more than enough for an RTT and any other gear you might want to through up there. If I recall correctly, the stock side rails are rated at ~500 lbs and I'd say this rack is much greater than that. It uses a proprietary channel system that bolts into the 4 stock mounting bolts. See the link for more details.

http://www.equipt1.com/item/k9-2-2-m-1250mm-roof-rack-system-for-toyota-5th-generation-4runner

Cottonwoody

US West Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redding CA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Its an Eezi-Awn K9 Roof Rack. Not sure on the exact load capacity rating but its more than enough for an RTT and any other gear you might want to through up there. If I recall correctly, the stock side rails are rated at ~500 lbs and I'd say this rack is much greater than that. It uses a proprietary channel system that bolts into the 4 stock mounting bolts. See the link for more details.

http://www.equipt1.com/item/k9-2-2-m-1250mm-roof-rack-system-for-toyota-5th-generation-4runner
Cool, thanks.

Sent from my XT1254 using OB Talk mobile app