Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Treloyn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VK7VWK
Well thats interesting. What are your plans for the build?
If you mean where am I going to go?
Next year involves a lot of camping around my home state of Tasmania whilst being the communications base for others doing other pursuits such as hiking and horse riding.
Towards the end of 2023, our springtime, I'm planning to be Overlanding on the Australian mainland.
Once I've completed the lap of Australia, I might go further afield. NZ is the most likely destination.

If you mean, what else I'm going to add to the rig?
Recovery points (I just need to fit them) and organising the gear storage. There is always something.

Chetta58

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Walla walla wa
First Name
Butch
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
2009 RIPP Supercharged Rubi Unlimited with 513 gears, the normal Rubicon equipment, vented hood, vented front fender liners, flat fenders, 8274 winch on Warn front bumper, Smittybilt rack and rear bumper, frame mount sliders, GMRS and cb radios and antennas, triple battery setup (2 on the Genesis setup and 1 portable 100 ah lithium setup I built w 100 watt solar panel, 1000 watt inverter, Bluetooth etc)… 4 rotopax, 4 traction boards, interior rear rack, Dometic 65L fridge, 33’s for Overland trips and 37’s for snow wheeling on Pro Comp wheels, ARB awning, trasharoo, ax/shovel mount, rotopax mounts on roof rack, KC old school lights, adj track bars front and rear, adjustable control arms all around, front drop geometry correction brackets (that the name escapes me), Jumping Jack trailer, upgraded drilled and slotted brakes, rear sway bar quick disconnects, and 10 inch IPad for GIA navigation as well as a Garmin 66i GPSMAP, which has been a game changer for my backcountry trips.

Attachments

Last edited:

1000Taco0001

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Nalley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N0AFK
Constantly upgrading and changing, but I love getting out and exploring.
Can you share the data/specs on your antenna? Bands, model, company, etc? Thanks!
I have two radios;

My HAM is an AnyTone AT-778UV Dual Band.
I normally use a Youmei Dual Band NMO UHF/VHF 400-470/136-174MHZ 50W antenna mounted on an NMO hood mount. While I have never had an issue with Range I still carry a Tram 140MHZ-170MHZ + 430-470MHZ NMO Antenna.

I also have a Midland MTX275 GMRS using a Midland 3db Gain Ghost Antenna also NMO.

I do have an old CB but it never gets any use.

The antenna you see in that photo is for my Weboost Drive Reach OTR (fleet) wired into the truck. That is the older Wilson antenna. The bulge in the middle is where I had to repair the stick. (I broke it pulling into the garage.) It gets pretty darn good Range (even when it’s down) when it’s up it does extremely well at boosting signal. I have gone from barely a single bar to 3 bars, enough for phone calls and txts.

Reactions: DaleRF and Boort

1000Taco0001

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Nalley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N0AFK
Constantly upgrading and changing, but I love getting out and exploring.
Can you share the data/specs on your antenna? Bands, model, company, etc? Thanks!
I have two radios;

I normally use a Youmei Dual Band NMO UHF/VHF 400-470/136-174MHZ 50W antenna mounted on an NMO hood mount. While I have never had an issue with Range I still carry a Tram 140MHZ-170MHZ + 430-470MHZ NMO Antenna.

I also have a Midland MTX275 GMRS using a Midland 3db Gain Ghost Antenna also NMO.

The antenna you see in that photo is for my Weboost Drive Reach OTR (fleet) wired into the truck. That is the older Wilson antenna. The bulge in the middle is where I had to repair the stick. (I broke it pulling into the garage.) It gets pretty darn good Range (even when it’s down) when it’s up it does extremely well at boosting signal. I have gone from barely a single bar to 3 bars, enough for phone calls and txts.
Here are the locations on the other two antennas.

Attachments

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
I have two radios;

Outstanding! Thanks so much! I kinda figured that was a web antenna. Definitely appreciate the info.
Stay Safe!