Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austria
First Name
Anton
Last Name
Hofmann
Member #

My 1988 Hilux LN65 in Cappadocia (sadly no hot air balloons that day) on the way to Mongolia.

IMG_20200228_180026.jpg

High up in the caucasus mountains with some french guys we've met (Georgia)
IMG_20200719_124825.jpg

Somewhere in the plains of the Azerbaijan shrub desert.
P1030683.jpg

Last edited:

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Reactions: T-One

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Just starting out. Added wheels and tires a couple of weeks ago. Lost list of things to do in the future!
Not sure how to post pics from the app. Doesn't look like it worked.
I have been having problems attaching from the app as well. have been doing it from my laptop recently.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Not sure how to post pics from the app. Doesn't look like it worked.
I have been having problems attaching from the app as well. have been doing it from my laptop recently.
I prefer the site for posting personally. I can format the post more easily and a few things you can't do on the App yet. App is great for viewing though.

Reactions: mface7

Mike-Len

Rank II

Contributor III

Saint Paul Park, Washington County, Minnesota, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Butterfield
Member #

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Was this the model years that the suburban had the spare in the back of the cargo area? Had one years ago like mid to late 90s.
Yeah it is. I've already removed mine and it's been sitting on the roof (it doesn't fit when you bump up to a full size spare with 35s), but working on a swing-away option, hopefully in the not too distant future. IN place of it right now I have a small inverter wired to my house battery, hoping to improve that space after I put in custom rear drawers...maybe a 3rd battery and some additional electronics (upgraded inverter, solar charge control) sitting in that space.

Reactions: SJ.Overland

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

I prefer the site for posting personally. I can format the post more easily and a few things you can't do on the App yet. App is great for viewing though.
my one prob with the app is I can't really dive into the member info like on the site...see other postings from the member, etc.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Yeah it is. I've already removed mine and it's been sitting on the roof (it doesn't fit when you bump up to a full size spare with 35s), but working on a swing-away option, hopefully in the not too distant future. IN place of it right now I have a small inverter wired to my house battery, hoping to improve that space after I put in custom rear drawers...maybe a 3rd battery and some additional electronics (upgraded inverter, solar charge control) sitting in that space.
Nice! Gahhh so many memories in our 97 Burb. Definitly post all those when you do it. I'm going to upgrading to a canopy instead of a tonneau next year. Thinking a Drawer system for kitchen will be the way to go.

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Nice! Gahhh so many memories in our 97 Burb. Definitly post all those when you do it. I'm going to upgrading to a canopy instead of a tonneau next year. Thinking a Drawer system for kitchen will be the way to go.
I definitely will post them. Link to the build thread is in my signature if you haven't already checked it out. I have a bunch of stuff lined up before I get there though. Lots of maintenance stuff coming up immediately though...brake discs and calipers, egr valve, temp sensors. Unfortunately have to do the boring stuff to make the fun stuff worth it!

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
I definitely will post them. Link to the build thread is in my signature if you haven't already checked it out. I have a bunch of stuff lined up before I get there though. Lots of maintenance stuff coming up immediately though...brake discs and calipers, egr valve, temp sensors. Unfortunately have to do the boring stuff to make the fun stuff worth it!
I feel ya lol