Crawfordville, FL
First Name
David
Last Name
Allen
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Army
Twin Peaks Lookout ( my summer job), Overland Expo West 2019, Grand Canyon in May after Expo, and added Ammo cans for snow chains.

Attachments

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Reactions: Ncat and mtn_nic

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

What kind and size tires do you have ? Very nice rig you have there. How long does it take to air up one tire with your compressor and what type is it ?
Hi there,

Thanks, I love this thing!

I am running BFG KM3’s 35x12.5-17. The compressor is a Viair 400P and it does a pretty good job. I think I am probably around 3 minutes a tire from 20psi. I am pleased with the compressor but have plans to upgrade to a permanent mount onboard system in the future with dual compressors :) but one thing at a time!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Hi there,

Thanks, I love this thing!

I am running BFG KM3’s 35x12.5-17. The compressor is a Viair 400P and it does a pretty good job. I think I am probably around 3 minutes a tire from 20psi. I am pleased with the compressor but have plans to upgrade to a permanent mount onboard system in the future with dual compressors :) but one thing at a time!
Thank you for the info. I am in the process of buying tires on Tuesday. I like the KM3 a lot but I think they are overbudget for me (I recently priced them out @ about $240 a tire which doesn't cover tax, mount and balance another $35 or $40 per tire. Buying 5 at a time is a bummer. I need to update to a compress and your is about 5 times faster than what I have (20# air every 20 minutes). Your info serves us all and I appreciate it very much.