Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Me, my rig and my camera in a nice spot! The summary of happiness…
View attachment 95048
of course, the family are together… behind the scenes! ;-)
Very nice. I really wish I had the knack and skill for photography. I either can use my iPhone - which is usually buried somewhere deep in my gear (thank you Apple Watch) - or I can use a Canon PowerShot SX420. It's like a step above a point-and-shoot & a step below a DSLR. I am a volunteer wish granter with Make-A-Wish and the camera was a donation to take photos at wish reveals and things like that. None of my photos are ever any good though.

Gustavo Amaral

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

São Paulo, Brazil
First Name
Gustavo
Last Name
Amaral
Member #

Very nice. I really wish I had the knack and skill for photography. I either can use my iPhone - which is usually buried somewhere deep in my gear (thank you Apple Watch) - or I can use a Canon PowerShot SX420. It's like a step above a point-and-shoot & a step below a DSLR. I am a volunteer wish granter with Make-A-Wish and the camera was a donation to take photos at wish reveals and things like that. None of my photos are ever any good though.
Really you don't like your pics? I encourage you to see a lot of this subject on Youtube. You can take classes on web too. You will learn a lot of tricks to improve your pics. ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Really you doesn't like your pics? I encourage you to see a lot of this subject on Youtube. You can take classes on web too. You will learn a lot of tricks to improve your pics. ;-)
I think I am just way too far left-brain oriented. I just need to find someone who is more right-brain creative to ride with who can take adventure shots.

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
Here's a few pix of one of my adventures. I actually did all the body work and put it back like new and wheeled it for 4 more years before the unibody started coming apart at the seams.

The funniest part is that I drove it back from Moab (400 miles on the interstate) that way. I got on the web the next day and read an article about some crazy bastard a white XJ driving on the interstate in a busted up XJ...

Last edited:

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Here's a few pix of one of my adventures. I actually did all the body work and put it back like new and wheeled it for 4 more years before the unibody started coming apart at the seams.

View attachment 95359

View attachment 95355
View attachment 95356
View attachment 95357
The funniest part is that I drove it back from Moab (400 miles on the interstate) that way. I got on the web the next day and read an article about some crazy bastard a white XJ driving on the interstate in a busted up XJ...
Those really are some of my favorites of all time. If I had the money & space I would love to have an XJ for just taking on the trail. 1 of my first cars was an XJ. In my opinion - Jeep really screwed the pooch when they dropped the 4.0 liter inline 6 for the 3.7 & then 3.6 V6. I kept my 96 XJ around until about 5 years ago as a back-up car until the trans finally went. It had over 350k on the odometer. It had a few pages of problems at that point that didn’t justify trying to fix it. In SC we don’t have safety inspections or emissions tests, we just pay annual property tax. I had it registered w/ a farm tag & only insured it for the mandatory state minimum. It only cost me like $450 a year to keep it road legal. I just paid $800 for the property tax to renew my tag on my Subaru (new cars are the worst). No wrecks, no tickets, no negative marks & I pay like $1200 annually for liability, comprehensive, collision, underinsured, uninsured, rental reimbursement & custom parts/equipment insurance coverage.
Things were easier in those days w/ that Jeep....