Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
First Name
Lance
Last Name
Myrick
Member #

New member here, getting used to the layout of the forums. Here are some pics of my stock 2016 Tacoma TRDOR. I plan on lifting her at some point, with intent for sliders, bumpers, and potentially a cap in the future for overland purposes. Living in Colorado Springs and looking to find a good group of overlanders to go on trail runs and start planning overland trips.
View attachment 40486 View attachment 40488 View attachment 40489 View attachment 40490
Nice rig! How does the stock suspension do with the bed rack, rtt, and fully loaded?

Fortis Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Kelly
Member #

Nice rig! How does the stock suspension do with the bed rack, rtt, and fully loaded?
It did great! With the truck fully loaded with a week's worth of gear, coolers, rtt, etc, the truck was completely level with the front, so no lean in the back whatsoever. There was one section near Labyrinth on White Rim Trail where we hit the skid plate on the front and bent the tow package in the back, but nothing major. Eventually we'll lift the truck 2-3", with an add-a-leaf in the back to avoid this in the future. I might invest in bed stiffeners in the future to ensure the bed stays square, but overall it was a great experience!

2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road / Colorado Springs, CO

Reactions: T-88 and Taco 16

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Not a new member but I have a new to me rig I’m building now. This is my 2nd Gen Tacoma known as “Little Blue.”

Look my forward to ditching the lame nerf bars the truck came with for proper sliders.

Here’s my old 1999 Isuzu Trooper “Black Su.” Its a finished build on the way out here pretty soon.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Taco 16

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
First Name
Lance
Last Name
Myrick
Member #

It did great! With the truck fully loaded with a week's worth of gear, coolers, rtt, etc, the truck was completely level with the front, so no lean in the back whatsoever. There was one section near Labyrinth on White Rim Trail where we hit the skid plate on the front and bent the tow package in the back, but nothing major. Eventually we'll lift the truck 2-3", with an add-a-leaf in the back to avoid this in the future. I might invest in bed stiffeners in the future to ensure the bed stays square, but overall it was a great experience!

2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road / Colorado Springs, CO
Thanks I just ordered an rtt and my suspension is stock in the rear so I was curious how it was going to ride.