Rig Photos

• HTML tutorial

Arizona Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Cottonwood, Arizona
Member #

I almost had a Taco but the dealer lied to me about the rig. Got a better deal on a Wrangler.

"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."
-Nietzsche
What did the dealer lie about? The Jeep will definitely make a better wheeling machine, but I can tell you without a doubt I know some jeep guys have been surprised to see me show up where they are. You can tell by the looks on their faces.:smirk:

Veggie Man

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fort Worth
First Name
John
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

What did the dealer lie about? The Jeep will definitely make a better wheeling machine, but I can tell you without a doubt I know some jeep guys have been surprised to see me show up where they are. You can tell by the looks on their faces.:smirk:
I had specific requests on what I wanted. They assured me the vehicle was in Houston and would be shipped in a day or two. They kept making excuses and when I checked with a different dealer they told me that the vehicle I was looking for did not exist in any inventory. A few days later the dealer that I was working with called me and said that they found a different vehicle than what I had wanted and that it was ready for me to come look at. Of course it was more expensive.

-Nietzsche

Reactions: Arizona Overland

Veggie Man

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fort Worth
First Name
John
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

The Jeep will definitely make a better wheeling machine, but I can tell you without a doubt I know some jeep guys have been surprised to see me show up where they are. You can tell by the looks on their faces.:smirk:
^^^^ Yes it will but Toyota makes some awesome off-road vehicles. I think driver skill goes a long way towards showing what a rig is capable of. I have no lockers and get in places Rubicon's have trouble with.

-Nietzsche

Dana Ramos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Alta, WY
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EXK
It started to look like spring here the other day and a lot of the summer roads around here are starting to open so I took a drive out to one of my favorite camping spots to take a look. It has since snowed two feet :weary:. Come on summer.
P4184442-web.jpg View attachment 21809 P4184463-web.jpg View attachment 21811 P4184486-web.jpg P4184480-web.jpg

Last edited:

Arizona Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Cottonwood, Arizona
Member #

I
I had specific requests on what I wanted. They assured me the vehicle was in Houston and would be shipped in a day or two. They kept making excuses and when I checked with a different dealer they told me that the vehicle I was looking for did not exist in any inventory. A few days later the dealer that I was working with called me and said that they found a different vehicle than what I had wanted and that it was ready for me to come look at. Of course it was more expensive.

-Nietzsche
I hear ya on that one. We had a dealer try to razzle dazzle us on the first Taco we bought. (long story, this Taco saga I have been through) long story short, we went on the internet, and after 2 hours and me giving up, my wife found the truck the dealer told her she would never be able to find. LOL. We went down and bought it the next day. That was december. Its gone now.LOL. Like I said LONG story.

Reactions: Veggie Man

Veggie Man

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fort Worth
First Name
John
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

I

I hear ya on that one. We had a dealer try to razzle dazzle us on the first Taco we bought. (long story, this Taco saga I have been through) long story short, we went on the internet, and after 2 hours and me giving up, my wife found the truck the dealer told her she would never be able to find. LOL. We went down and bought it the next day. That was december. Its gone now.LOL. Like I said LONG story.
Yeah man. My experience with the dealerships have always been sketchy. When I bought my JKU I go a new salesperson who was desperate to sell something. Needless to say the deal was too good to pass up.

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
Latest adventure to Arches National Park. The Rover is just getting started on the build but being a college student doesn't allow for too many projects just yet. Lots planned tho!
College student driving a Land Rover? In college I drove a 76 VW beetle I had to push start every day and use the emergency brake to stop. Lol. Times have changed!

Reactions: Gregory Youngblood

JEREMY S LEWIS

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

LUBBOCK, TX
Member #

College student driving a Land Rover? In college I drove a 76 VW beetle I had to push start every day and use the emergency brake to stop. Lol. Times have changed!
Haha I bought it myself when I took a year off from school and just worked a lot! Plus knowing the GM of a local dealership definitely helped

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
Haha I bought it myself when I took a year off from school and just worked a lot! Plus knowing the GM of a local dealership definitely helped
It's a sweet rig as is- looking forward to seeing what you have planned for it