Launch Member

Traveler I

Winnipeg, Manitoba
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Bragnalo
Member #

Nice! So are you keeping the old girl for a backup?
No, traded her in. It was a sad day as I made a lot of good memories with the old girl. She was an amazing ride, no mechanical issues what so ever. It was a big decision to trade her in, I was on the fence about it for about a year. But since me and the wife want to start backroads camping and some expedition style stuff (Yukon, Alaska, Northern BC, exploring the US, MOAB) I figured I’d rather modify and beef up a new platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Instagram @Mixednuts59

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
No, traded her in. It was a sad day as I made a lot of good memories with the old girl. She was an amazing ride, no mechanical issues what so ever. It was a big decision to trade her in, I was on the fence about it for about a year. But since me and the wife want to start backroads camping and some expedition style stuff (Yukon, Alaska, Northern BC, exploring the US, MOAB) I figured I’d rather modify and beef up a new platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Instagram @Mixednuts59
It's always hard to give up a favorite. I'm sure the new girl will hold true to form and give you and your wife even more memories. Looking forward to seeing your modification pics.

Sparky

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Jose, California
Member #

Not mine, spotted this in town tonight. I'm building up a series Rover right now so had to check this out. Has the same tires I'm looking at which was good to see in person l, skinny 35" Super Swamper Radials.. it was good to see that they'll fit on the bonnet too. Anyways, thought I'd share someone's hard work, this thing was clean.

IMG_0048.JPG IMG_0050.JPG

Last edited:

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Not mine, spotted this in town tonight. I'm building up a series Rover right now so had to check this out. Has the same tires I'm looking at which was good to see in person l, skinny 35" Super Swamper Radials.. it was good to see that they'll fit on the bonnet too. Anyways, thought I'd share someone's hard work, this thing was clean.

View attachment 48076 View attachment 48077
That's one fine hood ornament[emoji16] [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G920V using OB Talk mobile app

Sparky

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Jose, California
Member #

That's one fine hood ornament[emoji16] [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G920V using OB Talk mobile app

Right. That SSR comes in a 35x10.5 which is the narrowest 35 I've seen. Interco also offers a 34x 9 which is nearly the same width as factory but only in a 16" rim and I need 17's to clear the brake rotors I'm using. You could never see over the hood with these things anyways haha.

I'm not an expert in Defenders so perhaps someone else can answer this, but I'm assuming this is an early model "stage one" Defender, cause my understanding was that they added a 3rd hinge to the rear door and moved the spare there as the default position at the factory. He has a pickup tailgate on this so I guess either way it's moot because the hood is the only mounting point now unless he added an aftermarket carrier. This truck did have a Salisbury rearend, which is essentially a Dana 60 with an offset diff, although from the looks of the build it could very well have been swapped in.

Anyways.. so many questions haha.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
I finally got around to trying out the side screens for the Hannibal awning. let me say I'm more than impressed indeed.

View attachment 48503
Kieth looks the biz iam still deciding on my awning my cousin just landed from auss with a KINGS Looks okay but dont look the qaulity of your i am thing on a bigger one that wraps right round with the sides like your with a ground sheet to camp in instead of the rtt OPINIONS

Reactions: burak47

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Kieth looks the biz iam still deciding on my awning my cousin just landed from auss with a KINGS Looks okay but dont look the qaulity of your i am thing on a bigger one that wraps right round with the sides like your with a ground sheet to camp in instead of the rtt OPINIONS
I don' like the idea of RTT purely so that I can nip away for the day without having to take down the tent. I much prefer my ground tent. the side awning will hopefully be my kitchen area.