Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
If anybody wants out over New Years weekend, there will be a handfull of us at Oxford Ranch (Llano), hanging out for the weekend.
If you have never been, this puts you in the heart of the Texas Hill Country Route.
I will have the route with me if you choose to run part of it while attending.
Cost of camping is $8-9 per person per night. Full primitive, full dispersed, no reservations accepted.
Plenty of room! We have hosted over 400 before.

Brian Mitchell

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Dallas, TX
Member #

Iam located in Mckinney and also interested in meet ups .
I set up a weekend camping , trail exploring at my super secrete camp in Oklahoma couple weeks back ..
It was fun .. only one person actually showed up..
I want to plan another weekend camping trip with trail exploring ..
I have 40 acres surrounded by 1000
I'd be interested in this

Reactions: rockymntjeeper

HeliSniper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Dallas, Texas
First Name
Brad
Last Name
S
Member #

I set up a weekend camping , trail exploring at my super secrete camp in Oklahoma couple weeks back ..
I would be interested in this also....

KC H2Os

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
W
Member #

Hey all, I’m brand spanking new to OB. I’m in the Fort Worth area, still new to the area (originally from SW Missouri), work way too much so I haven’t taken my JKU out more than just a couple day trips. I’d love to meet some folks, learn about the area and get into this hobby of over-landing. My ride is a clean slate at the moment, so as I learn I plan to build accordingly. Sage advice and new friends are what I’m hoping to find!

Reactions: BigFootAdventures

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
Would like info on the next meet and greet... does this group post to the Rally Point board? Newbie here so I may not be familiar with how to stay abreast of what is going on...
Not in the Rally Point, as dates and location changes. This thread typically keeps upcoming date and location in the first post.

Reactions: Hmcapps

CCFinOKC

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Member #

I’m in OKC but have access to acres in SW Oklahoma outside of the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. We own 800 acres (contiguous) with another 1500 among family my father oversees and depending on the cattle situation I am sure I can host 5-10 rigs. Scenery is very similar to hill country and the drive from DFW is fairly easy. Also I have family with a strong relationship to the owners of The Coppermines Off-road park (check YouTube) which although it is now closed with proper planning I believe the owners would allow me access, so long as we were respectful of their property. I may be able to source additional acreage around Roosevelt, OK as well.

Last edited:

Navigator

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX
Member #

JamesB

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Terrell, TX
First Name
James
Last Name
Mosley
Member #

I see that a few people here are planning some trips, which is nice. If anyone just wants to meet up to hang out, I'm open for next Wednesday (Jan 16th) after work. I was thinking 7pm at the Hard Eight BBQ where we met last time. If so inclined... after some BBQ we could walk over to Cigars International for beers.

https://hardeightbbq.com/location/the-colony/
https://www.cigarsinternational.com/mobile/retail/store/texas/2013026
That sounds nice, however I work weekday afternoons and will not be able to attend.

rockymntjeeper

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Denver, Colorado, USA
Member #

I’m in OKC but have access to acres in SW Oklahoma outside of the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. We own 800 acres (contiguous) with another 1500 among family my father oversees and depending on the cattle situation I am sure I can host 5-10 rigs. Scenery is very similar to hill country and the drive from DFW is fairly easy. Also I have family with a strong relationship to the owners of The Coppermines Off-road park (check YouTube) which although it is now closed with proper planning I believe the owners would allow me access, so long as we were respectful of their property. I may be able to source additional acreage around Roosevelt, OK as well.
Very Interested!

TXRoamer

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

DFW
Sign me up!

CCFinOKC

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Member #

Very Interested!
Step dad is in Victoria, BC (got zero idea why, weird, new GF) so when he gets back I'll hit him up. I am wondering if there are roads along the North Salt Fork of the Red River... I know some Jeep guys farther West I am sure I can lean on... I am def headed to Ouachita National Forest weekend of FEB. 15-17th barring really, really bad weather. I need to get up to speed on Geo files... About two weeks out I'll post my itinerary, solicit feedback, welcome anyone to join, etc.

Last edited: