Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
Got it. Thanks for the explanation. :laughing:. Would you happen to know who is the moderator for the Overland Bound Southwest Region Facebook group is? I tried to join a few days ago with my member number but have not gotten an add.
It takes a few days.

CCFinOKC

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Member #

Got it. Thanks for the explanation. :laughing:. Would you happen to know who is the moderator for the Overland Bound Southwest Region Facebook group is? I tried to join a few days ago with my member number but have not gotten an add.
Sorry, no, I am also pretty new, about two weeks. Just getting use to navigating the site--and poorly at that... It appears that "Navigator" is the lead...

Navigator

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX
Member #

Sorry, no, I am also pretty new, about two weeks. Just getting use to navigating the site--and poorly at that... It appears that "Navigator" is the lead...
Well, I created this thread here on OB but I have nothing to do with the Facebook group.

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
If not sure what to do, or where to go...I have provided a couple of options over in the "Submit Your Overland Route" thread. Enjoy..

Salvat

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Texas
Member #

A short video was done on my step father's place in Oklahoma... I had mentioned it as a possible destination for a weekend camp... it's not big enough to "overland" but could do a hike in the Wichita Mountains, scenic drive through the park and camp that evening.... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiCn1YT8kcLylA5QjkcBMQQ?fbclid=IwAR3hnBX6NP8GY-JhHvbS1IxaEYvS0KN6_Q59rhzjCblPJ0Ffw42z9HThVMo
If it’s in the area of Wichita Mountains you could use it as a stopping point for the OAT.

OverTerra_B-UTE

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Frisco, TX, USA
Member #

Most of OAT in SW Oklahoma is dirt roads. It has a few nice water crossings on it though.
There’s a few camp spots on the Talimena route. The old state park ranger station is our favorite spot, it overlooks the entire park. The trail itself is also challenging as a lot of the old road is completely washed out, with deep ruts, and some tall rocks. Def our go to when visiting Oklahoma

Reactions: CCFinOKC

Salvat

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Texas
Member #

There’s a few camp spots on the Talimena route. The old state park ranger station is our favorite spot, it overlooks the entire park. The trail itself is also challenging as a lot of the old road is completely washed out, with deep ruts, and some tall rocks. Def our go to when visiting Oklahoma
Got a few more details on this? Sounds fun!

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
Sounds like the old K Trail??
Too bad most of that is OFF LIMITS now.

OverTerra_B-UTE

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Frisco, TX, USA
Member #

Sounds like the old K Trail??
Too bad most of that is OFF LIMITS now.
Whoa, since when? Last time I was there was back in early December, we had rolled in right after a huge thunder storm so we spent the better part of the night clearing debris. I try to always be aware of what’s private property, so not to trespass, as well as what’s closed or open. There was a section of the trail closed for an animal wild-life refuge, that was sealed with a mound of tall dirt, but that was all we saw