HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
NEW RO Logo.jpeg Hey all, two new events are posted...

First: Our last meeting of the year. Come join us for a Planning Meeting for the 2019 year. Everyone's input is valuable. Then stick around for a social hour and toast the holiday season. Here's the link to RSVP

This event is Cancelled because of weather:
Second
: Our final trail-run of the year spearheaded by Billy K who will also review Basic First Aid. This will an out door training so dress warm. Click Here to RSVP.

If you have any questions, please reach out to me or @Sierratough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moriarty and Kent R

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
An reminder email went out to those folk who have attended a Reno Overlanding event. If you wish to be included on the distribution list, please PM me.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
An reminder email went out to those folk who have attended a Reno Overlanding event. If you wish to be included on the distribution list, please PM me.
I would like that, and my wife (firemom) as well... thanks

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
As we head towards the Thanksgiving Holiday, Connie @Stumblebunny, Scott @Sierratough and I want to wish everyone a wonderful time with family and friends. Be safe in your travels and may your Thanksgiving meal be delish.

And, thank you for being part of the Reno Overlanding gang :sunglasses: and for your input and participation in the events.

We look forward to seeing you at the next meeting or trail run.

Bill, Connie, & Scott

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Well I am sad to say that the Genoa Trail-run is cancelled.

Unfortunately, the trail has already received some snow and the upcoming forecast predict at least 3 feet of accumulation coming in for the Sierras. So an executive and very conservative decision was made to cancel.

However, you can join us for our Reno Overlanding Meeting tomorrow night and help in the 2019 planning of additional trips and trainings.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
View attachment 75024 Hey all, two new events are posted...

First: Our last meeting of the year. Come join us for a Planning Meeting for the 2019 year. Everyone's input is valuable. Then stick around for a social hour and toast the holiday season. Here's the link to RSVP

This event is Cancelled because of weather:
Second
: Our final trail-run of the year spearheaded by Billy K who will also review Basic First Aid. This will an out door training so dress warm. Click Here to RSVP.

If you have any questions, please reach out to me or @Sierratough.
Even thought the Trail run is cancelled you can join us at the planning meeting tomorrow.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Logo Pic.png 11-28-2018 Reno Overlanding Meeting Minutes

Location: Sierra Gold Tavern (in a private room adjacent to the bar)

Attendees: 11 participants—Scott, Lance & Denise, Glen, Greg & Colleen, Bob & Mari, Mike, and Bill & Connie

Introductions and Tell us About your Rig

As everyone re-introduced themselves, each person gave a brief overview of their Rigs. It is obvious that folks have put some love, sweat, and a few tears into outfitting their Overlanding vehicles. And…. It was the consensus that none of us are finished outfitting/modifying them just the way they want it.

2019 Meeting Location, Schedule, and Time of Meetings

An agreement was met to go ahead and have monthly meetings posted as a Reoccurring event on the OB Website Rally point for 2019. Suggestions were made for a few different locations. Bill, Scott and Greg volunteered to check out the locations in the upcoming week to determine if they are suitable. The reoccurring meetings will start in Jan and there will be no meeting of the group in December.

Mike graciously volunteered the use a conference room in his building as an alternate when needed. Which we will gladly use for certain trainings in the winter starting in 2019. Oh…and don’t forget to check out Mike’s YouTube channel “All-Terrain Family” and Billy’s new Facebook Page “Explore Nevada.”

Trail Sponsorship

Bill mentioned he spoke to the Forest office regarding Trail Sponsorship. They are all in for us helping out. There is paperwork to fill out to adopt a trail. Additionally, the Group brought up some good questions regarding this type of activity…i.e. insurance, waivers, certifications. Bill will circle back with Forest Service and reach out to Kent R for more info.

The group added a couple of other roads that may be good to sponsor but Bill will have to contact the BLM office in Carson to discuss those roads since they are on BLM land.

Trips and Training

Since the start of the group at the end of March 2018, we’ve been on several Group Runs and conducted a couple trainings, and some joined the October OB west rally. For 2019, we wish to add more runs and trainings. By the next meeting in January, a plan will be presented of all meetings and Runs. Once established, all will be posted to the OB website as Rally Points at the appropriate times.

The group also through out the idea of a Snow Day, where the Reno Group would have a Fun Day in the Snow at a set location to show off their Rigs, have Lunch, and go Snowshoeing. More to come on this event.

Stay tuned for our next Meeting Rally Point. And as always, if anyone has any suggestions/topics/comments for upcoming meetings, please let Scott @Sierratough or Bill @HappyOurOverlanding know.

Happy Holidays

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
NEW RO Logo.jpeg Reno Overlanding January 2019 Meeting

A new Monthly Meet Rally Point was posted. It will be held at Famous Daves which has plenty of parking and a private meeting room that can be closed off. Click Here to RSVP.
This is a new location which you will find is better suited to the clubs needs. As always, please patronize the places we meet.

Agenda will follow at the first part of January.

Happy New Year

https://www.overlandbound.com/event/reno-overlanding-monthly-meet-and-greet/