South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
I'm registered and planning to head that way from S.C. on about the 14th. Hope I can see and learn some neat stuff.

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
I’ll be there with a few buddies. Look for a 4 th gen Silver with a Prinsu rack and CVT rooftop tent.
10-4. You see my rig plus a RTT. May look more like Jed Clampit's rig by the time I load all my crap. Planning to head to White River to check on the trout when I leave there.

Excuse my igornance but I assume you are referring to a 4th Gen. 4-Runner?

HoffmanMark

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Dallas, Texas, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

10-4. You see my rig plus a RTT. May look more like Jed Clampit's rig by the time I load all my crap. Planning to head to White River to check on the trout when I leave there.

Excuse my igornance but I assume you are referring to a 4th Gen. 4-Runner?
Yes. The white river has some great trout fishing. There is a blue ribbon area just south of Bull Shoals dam. Just check generation times and reference a height point along the bank. In the excitement of fishing the water can creep up on you. My friends and I really like the Norfolk tailwaters it has some nice naturally reproducing Brown Trout.

Reactions: FishinCrzy

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
Yes. The white river has some great trout fishing. There is a blue ribbon area just south of Bull Shoals dam. Just check generation times and reference a height point along the bank. In the excitement of fishing the water can creep up on you. My friends and I really like the Norfolk tailwaters it has some nice naturally reproducing Brown Trout.
Been reading about the trout on the White and smallmouth on the Buffalo. Depending on the water conditions I may hire a guide. Scoped out some remote spots to camp up there as well as a few campgrounds. Might need some electricity at some point. Planning to get to the Mulberry on Wednesday and look around. Never been to Arkansas and the Ozarks but Google Earth shows lots of NFS land and remote areas. This is a shakedown cruise for future Colorado trip. I thought the White River would be a good stopover then I saw the date for Rendezvous I wasn't going to make Colorado this year anyway so why not check things out? Hope to see ya'll there!

UploadAdventure

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dixon, MO, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Monsalvo
Member #

The STL boys have an area to meet up/camp area planned yet? I'll be heading down there on Thursday so probably a bit earlier than most.
Yeah we camp usually in the middle back. Can’t miss us. We usually have a giant snowpeak awning we all sit under.

TacoDia

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Collinsville, Illinois, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
W
Member #

Yeah we camp usually in the middle back. Can’t miss us. We usually have a giant snowpeak awning we all sit under.
We camped along the airfield last year but would be cool to have a group. Don't plan on doing trails as of now. Getting my suspension installed next month so maybe my mind will change but not sure yet.

Reactions: UploadAdventure

UploadAdventure

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dixon, MO, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Monsalvo
Member #

We camped along the airfield last year but would be cool to have a group. Don't plan on doing trails as of now. Getting my suspension installed next month so maybe my mind will change but not sure yet.
The trails there are fun. I rode with some of the guys because I bought a RTT there and it was airing out. Although I was with the group of guys who’s Tacoma truck broke on the trail and it had to sit overnight. It was brought up at the giveaway lol

TacoDia

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Matt
Last Name
W
Member #

The trails there are fun. I rode with some of the guys because I bought a RTT there and it was airing out. Although I was with the group of guys who’s Tacoma truck broke on the trail and it had to sit overnight. It was brought up at the giveaway lol
I'm sure we walked past your camp area several times. We'd like to get a spot along the river this year. We plan on leaving Thursday morning and getting there sometime between noon and 3. Hopefully that'll give us enough time for a spot but would definitely enjoy sharing a fire with some of the STL guys. I'm also on the Tacomaworld and STL Facebook if it's more convenient to organize on either of those.

Stormcrow

Rank IV

Traveler III

Houston, TX
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Bleakley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5DSB
How does camping work at Byrd’s? Do I need to make a reservation or is it just grab what you can when you get there?

TacoDia

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Matt
Last Name
W
Member #

How does camping work at Byrd’s? Do I need to make a reservation or is it just grab what you can when you get there?
From what I remember for the primitive sites they are all first come first serve. I think you can reserve electric sites. Last year we paid for camping when we arrived but you have to pay for the event in advance.

Reactions: Stormcrow

Frankie

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Fort Smith, AR
First Name
Frankie
Last Name

From what I remember for the primitive sites they are all first come first serve. I think you can reserve electric sites. Last year we paid for camping when we arrived but you have to pay for the event in advance.
That’s right, they are first come, first serve. I’ll be there Thursday afternoon. It will be a great time, I assure you! We will be on the last patch of land before the airfield. The Jeep and 4Runner will be together. :-) Stop by and say hello! It’ll be a blast.

Attachments

Reactions: UploadAdventure