Rendezvous in the Ozarks

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

FishinCrzy

Rank I

Member I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

I’ll be there with a few buddies. Look for a 4 th gen Silver with a Prinsu rack and CVT rooftop tent.
10-4. You see my rig plus a RTT. May look more like Jed Clampit's rig by the time I load all my crap. Planning to head to White River to check on the trout when I leave there.

Excuse my igornance but I assume you are referring to a 4th Gen. 4-Runner?

HoffmanMark

Rank II

Contributor II

Dallas, Texas, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

10-4. You see my rig plus a RTT. May look more like Jed Clampit's rig by the time I load all my crap. Planning to head to White River to check on the trout when I leave there.

Excuse my igornance but I assume you are referring to a 4th Gen. 4-Runner?
Yes. The white river has some great trout fishing. There is a blue ribbon area just south of Bull Shoals dam. Just check generation times and reference a height point along the bank. In the excitement of fishing the water can creep up on you. My friends and I really like the Norfolk tailwaters it has some nice naturally reproducing Brown Trout.

Reactions: FishinCrzy

FishinCrzy

Rank I

Member I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Yes. The white river has some great trout fishing. There is a blue ribbon area just south of Bull Shoals dam. Just check generation times and reference a height point along the bank. In the excitement of fishing the water can creep up on you. My friends and I really like the Norfolk tailwaters it has some nice naturally reproducing Brown Trout.
Been reading about the trout on the White and smallmouth on the Buffalo. Depending on the water conditions I may hire a guide. Scoped out some remote spots to camp up there as well as a few campgrounds. Might need some electricity at some point. Planning to get to the Mulberry on Wednesday and look around. Never been to Arkansas and the Ozarks but Google Earth shows lots of NFS land and remote areas. This is a shakedown cruise for future Colorado trip. I thought the White River would be a good stopover then I saw the date for Rendezvous I wasn't going to make Colorado this year anyway so why not check things out? Hope to see ya'll there!