RedRunner87

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
First Name
Vince
Last Name
Torres
Awesome build so far. Now if only I was decent at excel and could do that spreadsheet with links, and costs for my build that I'm starting!
I used Google Sheets, so if you have a GMAIL account its super easy to set up. I have been using to track what I want/need. My buddy just powder coated 4Runner Trail Wheels and put them on his Tacoma. He doesn't like them, so in a year or so I will probably get those from him. Pretty pumped about that. So might just stick with stock size tires for now and do some other stuff while I wait for those rims.

RedRunner87

Rank V

Enthusiast III

First Name
Vince
Last Name
Torres
thanks man! what template for the sheets do you use
I really just made my own template. I am not super savvy on Google Sheets/Excel but I had to use it for a pervious job. You can look up how to do formulas for adding up prices online. It's not too hard, basically just use =sum(c3+c4). That will add cells C3 and C4 together. For the links I literally just copied and pasted the links into a cell and if you double click the edge of the cell it auto adjust to the longest text.

Toywolf

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles, Ca
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Bownds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DXL
Very nice! Keep up the good work. I'm excited to see your progress through the phases

RedRunner87

Rank V

Enthusiast III

First Name
Vince
Last Name
Torres
Very nice! Keep up the good work. I'm excited to see your progress through the phases
Thanks! Next set is tires. I have decided on Falken Wildpeak AT3W's, just trying to decide on stock size or 255/80's. Hoping I can hold out till Black Friday and get a deal on 255's. I am also debating doing bronze plasti-dip on the SR5 rims while I wait for my buddy to sell me his bronze Trail wheels.

Toywolf

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles, Ca
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Bownds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DXL
I don't have any personal experience with Wildpeaks other than physically moving them but I've heard nothing but good things. My only critique would be how heavy they can be but I suppose that's all major AT's.

RedRunner87

Rank V

Enthusiast III

First Name
Vince
Last Name
Torres
I don't have any personal experience with Wildpeaks other than physically moving them but I've heard nothing but good things. My only critique would be how heavy they can be but I suppose that's all major AT's.
If go stock size I will get the SL ones which I don't think are too heavy. I have heard good things about them in snow/ice which is important to since I live in CO and travel in the mountains. They are also 3 Peak and M+S rated so I don't have to run chains when the chain laws are in effect. What size I get will be based on how long I can push out getting tires for. The ones on there are pretty bad so I have to replace before the first real snow fall we get.

RedRunner87

Rank V

Enthusiast III

First Name
Vince
Last Name
Torres
255/80 Falken WildPeak AT3W's have been installed. Here are some comparison pictures vs stock size. I am running stock suspension and I do rub a little at full lock and going over bumps.

Stock
Untitled by redrunner87, on Flickr
255's
Stock
255's
Stock
255's