Red Bird 6/25 and 26

• Total voters

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

So how many of you guys are taking your lady?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

That would be a negative from me... I love my wife, but she is not fun to camp with because she hates it lol

SteveR

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Marion, Iowa
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Richmond
Not sure yet, my wife may come, if not then my daughter and son-in-law. She grew up with it and he wants too...

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

That's a wild place! Looks like walk in spots out on the peninsulas. Bring tour bug juice!

Click below for a giant satellite view

Campground.png

Reactions: SteveR

CQBSquirrel

Rank II

Member II

My oldest kid wants to get a kayak. Need to learn 1st before running out and spending money on something that they won't use. Just like the $500 BMX bike +$200 on safety gear to go BMX racing. That bike has been a mile or two on the street in the neighborhood. Good thing I didn't have to pay for it.

Reactions: ShawnR

Iubootgater

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Greenwood IN
Member #

Forget 4-wheeling, I'll bring my kayak!

Is this the place?
http://www.drakesridge.com
Steve said what i was thinking, I heard lake and started thinking more about paddling and camping then running trail in a stock f150. Its only two hours for me and it would be nice to meet some of mid-west members. I will have to check the calendar, cant believe i just saw this thread, guess i need to get online more often.

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Steve said what i was thinking, I heard lake and started thinking more about paddling and camping then running trail in a stock f150. Its only two hours for me and it would be nice to meet some of mid-west members. I will have to check the calendar, cant believe i just saw this thread, guess i need to get online more often.

I'm about an hour or so north of you, i'm in Kokomo.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Would be great if you could make it. It's turned from a trail run into a meet up. Should be a fun weekend of camping, fireside chat, fishing, trail running, kayaking, or whatever you want to do.

Reactions: CQBSquirrel

Iubootgater

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Greenwood IN
Member #

I'm not opposed to trying the easy trail's in the truck, my concern is the ground clearance and tight turns in a supercrew full size. I have not been there but i am familiar with the park, those trails are tight as far as i can tell from all the YouTube videos and people i know have been there (I work for a jeep dealership). If anyone is interested check out the "WAYALIFE" vid
Maybe hardtrailz can speak to this as far as us full-size trucks are concerned. Regardless i am going to try to make it for the camping and maybe a little bit of fishing.

Reactions: ShawnR