Redbird SRA in Dugger, Indiana meetup and trail run

• HTML tutorial

Red Bird 6/25 and 26

• Total voters

hardtrailz

Rank V

Advocate II

Indiana
I was surprised with cell phones, cb, ham radio that it was not accomplished. We always pre-determine a Cb channel if nothing else so that once others are close they can hook up with us. Rudimentary, but effective.

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

I was surprised with cell phones, cb, ham radio that it was not accomplished. We always pre-determine a Cb channel if nothing else so that once others are close they can hook up with us. Rudimentary, but effective.

Yeah, cell phone reception was horrible... I couldn't get my CB tuned properly, i think there is a grounding issue causing problems. And, although I have a HAM I have not went and got licensed nor do I know how to operate it correctly...I did figure out how to use the FM radio that is built into my Baofeng lol.

WJ - Firefly

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC
I was scanning all FRS/GMRS channels. Also was monitoring CB-19, and on VHF monitoring the 146.775 repeater in Dugger (Great Coverage) and 146.52 Simplex...

I don't carry a cell phone anymore and my on board wifi was on Sprint with next to no coverage...

I ended up loaning my spare FRS to Eric so we could maintain trail comms...

Oh well....

Reactions: hardtrailz

WJ - Firefly

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC
Haha hey not too bad!
The hill climb video won't load though.
I just uploaded it again and am waiting on processing. Got a new link which I already put in the post. Niether one has shown up on my channel yet. Please be patient. Youtube seems to be experiencing technical difficulties...

8>D

Reactions: esihrer