Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Is there a camp spot picked out for those camping? And do we need a camp fire permit

Sent from my SM-G955U using OB Talk mobile app
There is not yet, We'll pick one out depending on group size and timing. no permit needed, it's all BLM land so BLM rules apply. We always try to camp in established sites so as not to create new ones or disturb plantlife. That also means there's usually already a fire pit.

@chrispartida will be leading the camp group as I will likely have to lead the group that's not camping out of the canyon. You guys should organize to make sure you have enough firewood. It will likely need to be a large fire for so many people to be able to use it.

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
@chrispartida let me know what is going on with camping, I'm in. I'll pick up a bundle of firewood to share. I have a campfire permit that was issued last May and they are easy to get online if needed.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
@chrispartida let me know what is going on with camping, I'm in. I'll pick up a bundle of firewood to share. I have a campfire permit that was issued last May and they are easy to get online if needed.
Go grab a new permit. Their only good from Jan-Jan. I keep one with me at all times in the Cruiser now. Last year the different agencies said their going to be enforcing them and ticketing. Doesn't mean they will. Keep it just in case.
Heres the link in case anyone wants one. http://www.preventwildfireca.org/Campfire-Permit/

Scott

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Go grab a new permit. Their only good from Jan-Jan. I keep one with me at all times in the Cruiser now. Last year the different agencies said their going to be enforcing them and ticketing. Doesn't mean they will. Keep it just in case.
Heres the link in case anyone wants one. http://www.preventwildfireca.org/Campfire-Permit/

Scott
I'll get a new one this week. Thanks for the info.

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
I'm still interested in going if someone drops out, but won't have internet access the next 5 days. If a spot opens up, I'll definitely fill it, if there's any way you can hold it for me....... THX

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
I'm still interested in going if someone drops out, but won't have internet access the next 5 days. If a spot opens up, I'll definitely fill it, if there's any way you can hold it for me....... THX
Spot just opened up, go now. I can't save it for you.

Little Bike

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Temecula, CA
Member #

Just read the thread, sounds like there’s no wait list you just have to keep checking back and trying to RSVP? New member, hope I can get a spot. : )

Reactions: FrankRoams

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Note to all, as of right now rain is forecasted for Thursday/Friday. Hopefully not much (even though we need it). If it does get a bit out of hand we may need to change the meeting point in order to avoid Red Canyon Jeep Trail. Parts of it are in a wash that I fear maybe be impossible due to deep mud/sand or standing water.

The Bradshaw trail itself should be fine as it is all very hardpacked surface. Just want to put this out there so everyone is aware to check for updates here before leaving Saturday AM

Reactions: Terry Pickens

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
Just my luck............. After all that, I get back to find a spot has opened up and now I can't go. Oh well, maybe I'll have better luck getting in on the next one. I hope you all have a great/safe trip and I look forward to meeting some of the folks from my local group.

Reactions: NightCrawler