Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
I think I am going to have to do a backup, I might be pushing the ham too soon. Of course, you are always welcome!
Got my ticket a few weeks ago...I am enjoying the Ham way more than I thought I would. Ton of repeaters in SoCal with great guys to chat with. Wish I was heading out with you guys on this but I will be in Arizona for the next week watching baseball and trail riding. See ya at the next meet up or Overland Expo...I will be camping out there for the weekend. @Dominic OB #0158 is getting a convoy from Riverside together so hopefully @FrankRoams you can put together one and join us.

Reactions: FrankRoams

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Just my luck............. After all that, I get back to find a spot has opened up and now I can't go. Oh well, maybe I'll have better luck getting in on the next one. I hope you all have a great/safe trip and I look forward to meeting some of the folks from my local group.
That sucks buddy! I knew you wanted to get in and saw the opening. See ya at the next meet up!

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Just my luck............. After all that, I get back to find a spot has opened up and now I can't go. Oh well, maybe I'll have better luck getting in on the next one. I hope you all have a great/safe trip and I look forward to meeting some of the folks from my local group.
Oh wow. Well, I guess nothing lost, just some frustration. Sorry man. We'll do another one, hopefully see you on that one. Don't forget there's a meet-up in Irvine on April 7th. That's also on Rally Point now. https://www.overlandbound.com/event/oc-overland-bound-monthly-meet-up-2/

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB

Stevop007

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Malibu, California
Member #

Stoked to joint y'all on this annual event! I'll be camping overnight and hope more can join. I'll have a couple bundles of firewood with me and will be cooking kabobs on the fire.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: FrankRoams

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Stoked to joint y'all on this annual event! I'll be camping overnight and hope more can join. I'll have a couple bundles of firewood with me and will be cooking kabobs on the fire.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
I'll be camping and have some firewood also.

Petroloco

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Agoura Hills,CA
Member #

With apologies I will have to sit this one out due to a nasty flu. I hope someone can take my spot. Thank you Frank and crew for setting this one up. I’m looking forward to future trips. Have a great time and keep the rubber side down.

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
With apologies I will have to sit this one out due to a nasty flu. I hope someone can take my spot. Thank you Frank and crew for setting this one up. I’m looking forward to future trips. Have a great time and keep the rubber side down.
Sorry to hear it. We'll see you on the next one, get well.

Reactions: Petroloco

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Weather is looking good with no rain today through the weekend.
  • Temps will be the low 61-62 for the highs
  • 37 overnight, it will be chilly.
  • Winds up to 20mph overnight, starting to pick up around 5pm.

For those camping, bring firewood. We will use it all.

Reactions: Terry Pickens