First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
So...
Some of us are meeting around 10am at the bridge location if anyone wants to join
So, this location was pretty cool. Certainly not away from it all, but also not just a parking lot. If anyone wants to visit it again (or the first time), I think it might be not be a bad idea to bring along some trash bags and do a little clean up project as well. Let me know what y'all think.

Adventures with Penny

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Eagle Mountain, Utah, United States
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Peiser
Member #

So...
Some of us are meeting around 10am at the bridge location if anyone wants to join
So, this location was pretty cool. Certainly not away from it all, but also not just a parking lot. If anyone wants to visit it again (or the first time), I think it might be not be a bad idea to bring along some trash bags and do a little clean up project as well. Let me know what y'all think.
I agree about trash cleanup!

SeekingSolace

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Burnet, TX, USA
First Name
TimMichelle
Last Name
Malant
Member #

So...
I agree about trash cleanup!
Is this where we met with you guys?

Reactions: Sparksalot

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Is this where we met with you guys?
Actually, the meetup is supposed to be at Old Settler's Park in Round Rock. However, it has started to get way too crowded as of late, so we've been meeting at various other places to see what options there are. Mostly, it's been at other, smaller parks around Lake Georgetown because they are easy to get to and have facilities. However, they are still just parking lots which can have other people show up and make space an issue if a lot of us show up. The bridge mentioned is clearly not going to have the same level of visitors since you're sitting, well, under a bridge. It's also cool that it's not in anyway a maintained road. So, for a monthly meet, it's slightly off-roady.

You can go to Google Maps here (30.610149421050387, -97.81840583880815) and take a look.

Reactions: SeekingSolace

CubbyXL7

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Central Texas, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Jenkins
Member #

Missed the last couple of meetings - apparently due to change of location. Is this the place to check to ensure we know where to go? Or can the Rally Point post be updated if there is a change?

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Missed the last couple of meetings - apparently due to change of location. Is this the place to check to ensure we know where to go? Or can the Rally Point post be updated if there is a change?
Yes, this is the place. We're currently in flux due to checking out new locations. The rally point hasn't changed since nothing permanent has been chosen yet. Keep an eye on this thread to make sure you get the most current info. So far, the next meeting is set for the bridge location off Ronald Reagan. (see above)

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
OK, edited both the start of this thread as well as the Rally Point to say the location may change and to check here for details.