Rank VI

Influencer I

Pflugerville, TX, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
West
Member #

Hey everyone! I’ve been real good at missing the other meets and was planning to actually make it to this one. Is it at the usual spot or Tejas again?
That is a very good question. Last time, Tejas was full and we had to park on the side of the road. Not bad really, but if any more vehicles had shown up, I'm not sure they would have fit. If we wanted to stay around Lake Georgetown, there are a couple other places that look to be quieter since there is no camping at either. 1) Booty's Road Park (1631 Booty’s Park Road, Georgetown) or 2) Overlook Park (508-598 Lake Overlook Rd, Georgetown). Both still have covered areas and facilities. Of the two, Booty's Road Park seems to have the larger parking lot. So, I guess the question is, where would everyone like to meet this Sat?
1) Old Settlers Park
2) Tejas Park
3) Booty's Road Park
4) Overlook Park
I am in favor of #3

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
@TahoePPV and I saw this location last month. It's under Regan on the river. I see people down there fishing sometimes.
Dropped pin
Hmmm, that is interesting. While looking there, I stumbled upon another place close by that seems really cool. There's trail that goes past the parking area and looks like you can drive right to the river. Plus, it's right next to the Leander Dinosaur Trail, which I did not even know existed. Apparently, there are actual dino tracks in the bedrock. Look up "Leander Dinosaur Tracks" on Google for pics.

Dinosaur Trail
Leander, TX 78641
30.617098, -97.867796

Attachments

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
OK, let's keep it simple this time due to short notice. We will meet at the Booty's Road Park @ 0900. Afterwards, I will go to the two other locations mentioned above and check them out. Anyone who wants to come along is more than welcome.

1631 Booty’s Park Road, Georgetown

Adventures with Penny

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Eagle Mountain, Utah, United States
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Peiser
Member #

Hmmm, that is interesting. While looking there, I stumbled upon another place close by that seems really cool. There's trail that goes past the parking area and looks like you can drive right to the river. Plus, it's right next to the Leander Dinosaur Trail, which I did not even know existed. Apparently, there are actual dino tracks in the bedrock. Look up "Leander Dinosaur Tracks" on Google for pics.

Dinosaur Trail
Leander, TX 78641
30.617098, -97.867796
The area you're talking about is completely gone due to the tollway expansion. We have been down to the tracks several times, they're pretty neat

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I have an appointment with a painter at 9am tomorrow. After that I could come up to the meet or meet you at the bridge location. Thoughts? Anyone else want to join?
I'll be at the meet at Booty's Road park till we all decide to leave, then head to the bridge

Last edited:

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Different topic...
What are everyone's thoughts on having a camp weekend April 14-17?? That is Good Friday and Easter weekend. It will be my last chance to camp with everyone before we make the big move to Utah
I'd love to, but that weekend is always when family is at home.

DosTacos

Rank VI

Influencer I

Pflugerville, TX, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
West
Member #

Different topic...
What are everyone's thoughts on having a camp weekend April 14-17?? That is Good Friday and Easter weekend. It will be my last chance to camp with everyone before we make the big move to Utah
Man, I'd love to but my wife is big on Easter family stuff and by that I mean we're going to her sisters

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Reactions: Sparksalot

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Different topic...
I do want to go camping at Offcamber soonish.

NorCalRam

Rank VI

Influencer I

Los Angeles, California, United States
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Barlage
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6MEU
Service Branch
Army
Different topic...
I do want to go camping at Offcamber soonish.
I’ve been there off roading a few times. Been thinking about camping out there soon.

Reactions: roots66