jakataka

Rank I

Contributor III

Round Rock, TX, USA
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Pedersen
Hey All! Is this the group that meets in Round Rock on the first Saturday of the month?
It certainly is
Sweet! I’ll be out of town (snowboarding in Breckinridge ) for the March meeting but I’ll def try to make it in April! Also I frequent Bluebonnet Brewery if there are any beer drinkers out there!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Sweet! I’ll be out of town (snowboarding in Breckinridge ) for the March meeting but I’ll def try to make it in April! Also I frequent Bluebonnet Brewery if there are any beer drinkers out there!
Cool. We switched it up this month, so keep an eye out as we may be doing Tejas Park again. Or, somewhere else. :wink:

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
OK, with all one votes in, it's Tejas Park again. Looks like it will be a nice day. I'll have my bike now that I have a way to carry it.

Here are details for those who may need it.

BTW - if anyone still wants to meet at Old Settlers, just post if you're going to be there so others who want to join will know.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
OK, with all one votes in, it's Tejas Park again. Looks like it will be a nice day. I'll have my bike now that I have a way to carry it.

Here are details for those who may need it.

BTW - if anyone still wants to meet at Old Settlers, just post if you're going to be there so others who want to join will know.
Sooo, it’s unanimous then.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
For those interested in communication, there’s a semiannual Hamfest (ham radio swapmset) in Belton this weekend. Looks like doors open at 7am. I’ll probably arrive about 8.

We can possibly link up on 146.46 or gmrs15.

Reactions: Coreymol

Threat_Leveled_Midnight

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Philip
Last Name
Linsey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
n/a
Hey everyone! I’ve been real good at missing the other meets and was planning to actually make it to this one. Is it at the usual spot or Tejas again?

Reactions: roots66

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey everyone! I’ve been real good at missing the other meets and was planning to actually make it to this one. Is it at the usual spot or Tejas again?
That is a very good question. Last time, Tejas was full and we had to park on the side of the road. Not bad really, but if any more vehicles had shown up, I'm not sure they would have fit. If we wanted to stay around Lake Georgetown, there are a couple other places that look to be quieter since there is no camping at either. 1) Booty's Road Park (1631 Booty’s Park Road, Georgetown) or 2) Overlook Park (508-598 Lake Overlook Rd, Georgetown). Both still have covered areas and facilities. Of the two, Booty's Road Park seems to have the larger parking lot. So, I guess the question is, where would everyone like to meet this Sat?
1) Old Settlers Park
2) Tejas Park
3) Booty's Road Park
4) Overlook Park

Threat_Leveled_Midnight

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Philip
Last Name
Linsey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
n/a
That is a very good question. Last time, Tejas was full and we had to park on the side of the road. Not bad really, but if any more vehicles had shown up, I'm not sure they would have fit. If we wanted to stay around Lake Georgetown, there are a couple other places that look to be quieter since there is no camping at either. 1) Booty's Road Park (1631 Booty’s Park Road, Georgetown) or 2) Overlook Park (508-598 Lake Overlook Rd, Georgetown). Both still have covered areas and facilities. Of the two, Booty's Road Park seems to have the larger parking lot. So, I guess the question is, where would everyone like to meet this Sat?
1) Old Settlers Park
2) Tejas Park
3) Booty's Road Park
4) Overlook Park
4. Seems pretty cool.

Reactions: roots66