El Dorado Hills, El Dorado County, California, United States
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Speck
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1FMS
Hey guys, I was there late June this year and besides tied areas where you need to go through trees, the low hanging branches where an issue for a vehicle I saw with a roof top tent as well. Didn't see anyone with a trailer. I assume you guys have winches, so you might need to pull the trailer sidewise a bit at two or three places but with a group effort and patience it possible in my opinion. Since the trail is from and to Hwy 4, access of trail is not much apart, you can do the decision on tackling on the part with rocks and boulders uphill, east to west, or vice versa. First cabin, east-west route is nice. Good fireplace, at a small creak, and a swing at a tree . Several flat areas to camp. I marked both cabins on the OB1 map.

AlexAtWagan

Rank VI
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Fremont, CA, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Hsu
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6AVD
Looking forward to the trip! If all goes well, I'll be bringing the little one for some one-on-one (ish) time!

ProtonDecay

Rank V

Influencer II

In my mind I am always at a remote high-elevation lake surrounded by snowcapped peaks.
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Riehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6NUI
Not sure out trailer can make it. I\'ll make a run with just the truck this weekend and then post again.
Went yesterday - trail is awesome, but way too much work to get the trailer through that first section. We'll sit this one out, especially as there are several on the waiting list. On the way in I noticed a survey by State Parks on OHV use. Here's a link: Experience It is site specific and is administered by Fresno State (Go Dogs - BS '83). The survey didn't come up when I tried with a couple different browsers, but probably worth taking if it is still ongoing. If nothing else, going into the survey site yields a fairly comprehensive list of formally designated OHV sites in California. Cheers, D

johnnycarson

Rank I

Contributor II

Stockton, CA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Natividad
Hey all, are you planning to head up to Sourgrass on Sunday? I can't make the overnight but would like to join you on Sunday if you're hitting any trails. Thanks!

JReichert11

Rank VI
Investor

Expedition Master I

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Reichert
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6KWB
Hey there :) that’s the plan. We will prob get to sourgrass around 12ish

JTRDIESEL

Rank II

Enthusiast I

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
XXXX
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6NOM
if any cancellations for the trip, I would likely be able to join in last minute. if not, i'd consider joining the group @ sour grass on sunday only if that'd be cool. what are the comms for this trip?

boz4rnr

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

SF Bay Area
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Bosma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6BOZ
I’m heading up early (today) - going to head in the back way as I’m doing a shakedown run with my trailer. I’ll meet you guys at camp on Saturday.

boz4rnr

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

SF Bay Area
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Bosma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6BOZ
Good morning! Conditions up here are beautiful - no wind last night. Very light breeze this morning. Trail will be slightly muddy/slippery. The “easy” way in actually had some moderately difficult spots, lots of water/mud parts (easily traversed). I’m camped at 38.48047, -120.07568 - plenty of space and a fantastic view. I am looking forward to seeing everybody later today!