Question for fellow OB Nissan 2nd Gen Xterra Owners - Rear suspension bottoming out FIX?

• HTML tutorial

ElPincheGuero4

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Cohoes NY 12047
Member #

I run the nisstech gone Moab kit and I love it. It’s squeaky after a deep clean but feels great on and off road, you can choose the spring weight for planned mods so choose wisely. I picked the heavier spring planning for a plate bumper which is over sprung for the stock bumper but I won’t have to spend twice. The only thing I would do differently is upgrade the rear to a prebuilt leaf pack instead of using the AAL and shackles

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Obi-Juan

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern California - San Fernando Valley
First Name
John
Last Name
Lechuga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JKL
I run the nisstech gone Moab kit and I love it. It’s squeaky after a deep clean but feels great on and off road, you can choose the spring weight for planned mods so choose wisely. I picked the heavier spring planning for a plate bumper which is over sprung for the stock bumper but I won’t have to spend twice. The only thing I would do differently is upgrade the rear to a prebuilt leaf pack instead of using the AAL and shackles

Thanks for the input on this. I recently installed the new Shrockworks rear bumper with the swing out tire carrier, which is pretty sweet. But I'm now going to need to work on upgrading my rear suspension sooner than later. Any suggestions on a pre-built leaf pack kit?

Quicksilver

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Molalla, OR
Member #

Glad to see some feedback on this kit, as it is the one I've got my eye on. It won't happen until next year probably though, since we have to finish outfitting my wife's Jeep. Until then, I just went with their 2" spacer/AAL kit. Serves its purpose for the moment, but will need to be upgraded before adding bumpers.

ElPincheGuero4

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Cohoes NY 12047
Member #

Glad to see some feedback on this kit, as it is the one I've got my eye on. It won't happen until next year probably though, since we have to finish outfitting my wife's Jeep. Until then, I just went with their 2" spacer/AAL kit. Serves its purpose for the moment, but will need to be upgraded before adding bumpers.
I would not recommend going with the heavier spring if you plan on taking a while to add bumpers. The 600lb springs are survivable but I think they are limiting the truck capability off-road by not absorbing the terrain before trying to push the entire truck up and teeter-totter it. I’m trying to find a set of 500s that I can swap out to see if my theory is correct.

Reactions: Obi-Juan

Quicksilver

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Molalla, OR
Member #

What I'd prefer to do, in a perfect world, is install the lift and bumpers at more or less the same time. But that's a pretty spendy project. We'll see how it goes.

Reactions: Obi-Juan