• HTML tutorial

Lars

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wyldwood, TX
Member #

Success!

When we get together for beers/coffee/etc. I'd be happy to help shed light on anything that doesn't make sense on your FT-7800.
I've got it's bigger brother the FT-8800r (which was the first radio I purchased when I got licensed in '06)

WUzombies

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Central Texas
Member #

Success!

When we get together for beers/coffee/etc. I'd be happy to help shed light on anything that doesn't make sense on your FT-7800.
I've got it's bigger brother the FT-8800r (which was the first radio I purchased when I got licensed in '06)
Slap hands coach!

Thanks for the help and a meet up is in order. Right now I'm ignoring the ARTS functions, as with the Links and focusing on the basics. After a decade of APCO-25 radios with channel names I like having my list organized so I did read up on how to program the memory, use naming, the smart scanning, flipping the display to show the freqs, etc. Stuff I consider, at this point in my journey, to be useful. The manual sits in the van if I need it (although I've read it a few times).

Lars

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wyldwood, TX
Member #

The stuff you do regularly will commit to memory pretty easily. I found the NIFTY manuals to be pretty good overall as quick references.

WUzombies

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Central Texas
Member #

Today I found that most of the locals hang out on the 70cm repeaters, regardless I was clearly hitting a 2M repeater in the next county over (near the intersection of FM50 and FM60). So the demons have been exercised as of now. I'm sure I'll find a way to screw it all up again.

Reactions: Lars