Project Vintage Adventure 1953 Dodge Power Wagon

• HTML tutorial

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Thanks. You bet I just completed the KDP fix . Also adding 3200rpm gov spring, fuel plate, 75hp injectors, and all the free tuning. Gonna stick with stock turbo for now.
Very nice seems as you have some experience with the 12v. My first was a kdp that let go lol. What size fuel plate are you planning to run? I wonder with the 3200 springs and injectors if it will keep up or just get into a fuel dumping problem. I had a 0 plate and 3200 springs plus all the injection pump mods but no injectors and it couldn't keep up. I was planning on doing the 12v hybrid turbo but ended up getting rid of the truck prior.

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app

Wade Trimble

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Lloydminster Alberta
Member #

Haven’t picked the plate yet. But
Very nice seems as you have some experience with the 12v. My first was a kdp that let go lol. What size fuel plate are you planning to run? I wonder with the 3200 springs and injectors if it will keep up or just get into a fuel dumping problem. I had a 0 plate and 3200 springs plus all the injection pump mods but no injectors and it couldn't keep up. I was planning on doing the 12v hybrid turbo but ended up getting rid of the truck prior.

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app
this is a 98’ that came with the 5 speed so they are rated higher than the 94-97 and the autos. I know the 94-97 and the autos needed the injection pump modified to put out enough fuel.
2nd one I’ve done like this, so not anticipating any issues, but we’ll see.
I’m not trying to make big up, just a little extra.

Reactions: ibemarcus

WE ROME

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Glenmoore, PA
First Name
Mac
Last Name
Kirkpatrick
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N3VMI, WRER282
Service Branch
USAF retired, fire p
Wow!!! VERY impressive.

THANKS for sharing, I know it is extra work to post pics, much appreciated, keep up the great work.

THEN sell it to me :-)

Reactions: Wade Trimble

Wade Trimble

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Lloydminster Alberta
Member #

Order up a 19 gallon scout 2 fuel tank, perfect size. 24.5X24.5X10
Will be custom building a tool box/aux fuel tank/battery box in the bed of truck. So I’ll have a total of about 45 gallons of fuel.19DCB726-1D75-4E52-B78E-D62A1D0671D1.jpeg

Reactions: Arailt

Wade Trimble

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Lloydminster Alberta
Member #

I'll get some more pictures up next week, but ordered some more goodies.
Holset HE351CW turbo
DFI 5X12 90hp injectors
4000rpm gov spring and 60lb valve springs
4" down pipe kit
0 fuel plate
This set up has been proven reliable, with little to no smoke when tuned properly, and approx 400hp

Reactions: Flamewave

Tinker

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

West Michigan
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klemish
Member #

Fantastic! Love seeing these old trucks being brought back to life, well done & looking forward to watching for more.

Reactions: Wade Trimble

Flipper

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
F
Member #

Cool truck, found one of these behind Aspen on a trail completely surrounded by full grown trees. Must have been sitting there 20-30 years. Your build looks great!