Pressure canned meals

• HTML tutorial
S

SubeeBen

Awesome idea but question I have is what about the weight of the glass jars & then you have to haul them around. I could see for a day or 2 trip but if your going for a week or so seems like a lot of extra weight to lug around till you get home. Don’t mean to rain on your parade just curious ?

TheDrakes

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Sacramento
Member #

Awesome idea but question I have is what about the weight of the glass jars & then you have to haul them around. I could see for a day or 2 trip but if your going for a week or so seems like a lot of extra weight to lug around till you get home. Don’t mean to rain on your parade just curious ?
The few ounces of extra weight completely outweigh the benefit of having canned meat for quick hearty meals.

Matt Hixson

Rank V

Member I

Big Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hixson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FZJ

Firemom

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador

Pioneer III

Rapid City, Meade County, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Deb
Last Name
Lee (Ironhorse Overland)
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKU
Service Branch
Army Reserves
I think my next adventure is going to have a waypoint that includes your house for BBQ! I need to get another smoker. I gave mine to my parents when we left New Mexico and moved to West Texas.
Ditto

Reactions: Captain Chaos

Matt Hixson

Rank V

Member I

Big Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hixson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FZJ
Brisket day! I trimmed 5.5lbs of fat from this one before I sprinkled on the rub and threw it on. I’ll let y’all know how it turns out.View attachment 73342
Looks like that is going to be amazing! Keep that fat around, though. Great for all kinds of things from gravy to flavoring other leaner meets like game.
Cheers!
-Matt