Launch Member

Member III

Spokane, WA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Niemi
Member #

You cant go wrong but be sure to buy your second battery soon and match it to the one you already have as I have been instructed. Same brand, close to same age, same amp hr. rate and kind (marine-golf etc.) of battery.
It really depends on your charge controller. Some don't care if they match while others do.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I ran my arb with an Arkpak. It would max out at 3 days before it needed to be recharged.
From all I have read on this thread, 3 days seems to be the max without a charge. That is why I added the 100w solar, I don't want to runout of power and if there is no sun then I have a 900w gas generator. This old man anint agunna take NO chances out there in the boonies. Especially since I would be mostly alone out there. Dang this is a good thread !!
I Love learning things I know nothing about, then trying them out (at home of course).

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I got the same fridge and ran it off my starting battery it worked fine until the fridge died (only lived about 3 months, they refunded me quickly though).

But when I used it I was moving quite a bit not staying in one place. I don't think I could have gone more than 24 hours without the fridge shutting off due to low voltage.

Since then, I've put in a AGM battery and 100W Renogy panel and 20amp Renogy Rover controller and I've got it so the house AGM battery charges when the starting battery is full while I'm moving. This setup has been ideal as it keeps the house battery topped off in the sun and while moving. My house battery has stayed charged.
Excellent and I will try it when I get everything up and running on just the solar and batteries (2) for me to feel comfortable. (me the mister Dumbo electrician)

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
It really depends on your charge controller. Some don't care if they match while others do.
I'm not positive but I think my Harbor freight system recommend that. I didn't know otherwise so I am clad you brought that out. I'll read up on my charge controller to se what the recommendation is. If I find a charge that will let me have unmatched batteries I'd be hard pressed to not buy one.

Reactions: Aaron Niemi

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
FROM WHAT I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FIND OUT THE CHARGE CONTROLLER DOSENT CARE IF BATTERIES MATCH. WHAT IS IMPORTANT IS THAT ALL BATTERIES IN THE SYSTEM ARE AS FULLY CHARGED AS THEY CAN BE.

Rubiconcruiser

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

So Georgia
Member #

Figure in this once cooled down and you’re rolling your stock battery will maintain the temp in the ARB it’s only risky when you take off and not pre cool the system at 120volts house current The SRB is very efficient

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
My rig is a Land Rover but the problem was the same as yours. I looked at the ARKPAK too for a 47L ARB fridge/freezer. From what read it’s a solid product especially the 110v power output. My rig needed more usb & 12V accessories and a compressor power port hence I went in a different direction (National Luna Portable Power Pack). It works well especially with the Odyssey 31-PC2150T Heavy Duty Commercial Battery. It was a bit pricey though. Regardless of which solution you choose make sure you plan a good location to mount it. Mine is strapped down on the second row center seat.

View attachment 103062View attachment 103061
Nice setup. What is on the P/S drop slide?