Post Up Your Cockpit

• HTML tutorial

jeep670

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Mine came off of Powerwerx.com. I have used quite a bit of their stuff and get all my Anderson Powerpole stuff from them. I've converted from cig lighter sockets to all Anderson Powerpole connections, solid connections and all amperages.
Love Powerwerx. Everything got converted to powerpoles in my jeep. Such flexibility now!

bladerunnerkc

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Kansas City, KS, USA
Member #

Love Powerwerx. Everything got converted to powerpoles in my jeep. Such flexibility now!
Great website Powerwerx. I have even used their low voltage cutoffs, gauges, gauge pods, wiring, etc. All quality stuff. I have their battery box with the Powergate attached as well for home emergency.
Discovering Anderson Powerpoles was accompanied by angelic music in the background I believe. :)

I hate cig lighter sockets!

Reactions: jeep670

spartancrating1

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

US
Member #

BaseCamp1 Rubicon- Vector Offroad dock, ARB remote fridge Monitor, Garmin Inreach explorer + Ram spine mount, Mob Armor phone claw mount, rigid mini inverter, overhead console with CB and ham radio, Condition Zero pistol mount, Bartac Ballistic sear covers with molle attachments20190311_081106.jpeg20190311_081049.jpeg20190216_154405.jpeg

bladerunnerkc

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Kansas City, KS, USA
Member #

spartancrating1

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

US
Member #

It's a Pelican Vault V800 and the other 3 smaller boxes are just the stacking Rigid boxes from Home Depot. The Vault is pricey at $200 but the Rigids are rock solid and are super cheap. Never had one leak or go bad on me and they are great for stashing recovery gear.20190318_092749.jpeg20190318_092842.jpeg20190318_093350.jpeg

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Here's my current cockpit setup:
dashboard-wide.jpg

I customized my dash to integrate some radio connections and USB ports directly into it so that I could hide all the ugly wires that were running all over the place. Video on the process is up on my YouTube channel:

bladerunnerkc

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Kansas City, KS, USA
Member #

Ram Mount, JB Weld, Dremel, labels.... You have used all the holy words!
Nice job.
I really like the RJ45 connectors you found and that USB 4 port box. Where did you find those?
Same here, I got tired of the mess and ended up replacing the entire center console with a unit from Ram Mount (posted above) so I could mount the head units, switches, fuse block, etc. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, CUP HOLDERS THAT DON'T FAIL IF YOU HIT THE BRAKES!
GM did not make any of this easy. Getting through the firewall proved to be a nightmare. I used a lot of small gauge wiring out to the engine compartment and relays from the switch circuit.

I had no way to mount a bar like that on the dash of a Suburban so haven't gone there. Ram Mount has a new track that I am considering that could alleviate that problem and provide great mount possibilities. Ram Mount is the Erector Set of car stuff.

Reactions: brien

bladerunnerkc

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Kansas City, KS, USA
Member #

It's a Pelican Vault V800 and the other 3 smaller boxes are just the stacking Rigid boxes from Home Depot. The Vault is pricey at $200 but the Rigids are rock solid and are super cheap. Never had one leak or go bad on me and they are great for stashing recovery gear.
That Pelican is really nice and long. I had not thought about those Rigids but you're right, really nice, great handles, decent lock location, seals. Will have to reconsider. I have a similar unit from DeWalt but for some reason, didn't think of it as a rooftop box. I use it for a power supply unit with full size AGM battery. I do think the Rigid line is better.

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Ram Mount, JB Weld, Dremel, labels.... You have used all the holy words!
Nice job.
Haha, yes, some of my favorite things!! thank you for watching!

I really like the RJ45 connectors you found and that USB 4 port box. Where did you find those?
I found them all on Amazon. The 4-port box was pure dumb luck, i accidentally ran across it while looking for something else. Click through to the YouTube page for that video and check the description, I have Amazon links to all the items i used.