Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
So for my set up I run the Magellan folding camp kitchen which is great for when we food prep and even for drying all of our cooking stuff. I love my Camp Chef Everest as our dual burner stove, it boils water faster than my own stove at home! And the final piece of the kitchen which is our absolute favorite is none other than the Skottle! IMG_8758.JPGIMG_7070.JPGIMG_7072.JPG

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
So for my set up I run the Magellan folding camp kitchen which is great for when we food prep and even for drying all of our cooking stuff. I love my Camp Chef Everest as our dual burner stove, it boils water faster than my own stove at home! And the final piece of the kitchen which is our absolute favorite is none other than the Skottle! View attachment 123648View attachment 123649View attachment 123650
Sorry, I just cant justify the cost of the Skottle over the cost of a $30 grill. I'm sure it fits your needs though and that's what it is all about.

Reactions: HUMΛN

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I am more of a cook on wood kinda guy. View attachment 124353View attachment 124354
That'll do fine, a bit bulky and messy to use but you have a river close by to handle that. (forget what I said about the river but you still have a water source)
Nice camp spot though. What kind of tent are you using ? Where did you find that camp fire cooker ? Is it legal for a no burn forest situation ? The more I look the more I like that thing !

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
View attachment 124365
I built my simple two drawer cargo set up to house my stove, jet boil and crockery as there’s little available aftermarket for my 2012 Xterra pro 4x
Personally I prefer seeing the home built kitchens the most. I'm designing mine but haven't started yet. Every time I start the build I change my mind about where I want to put what. It takes some skill IMO to design a good set up. I like to watch cockroack prepper on utube. He comes up with some great stuff for his rig that are always affordable and practical. Being an old British soldier he is very inventive and a kind ol Gent.

Reactions: Seth Vernon

Robbie G

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Calgary AB Canada
Member #

That'll do fine, a bit bulky and messy to use but you have a river close by to handle that. (forget what I said about the river but you still have a water source)
Nice camp spot though. What kind of tent are you using ? Where did you find that camp fire cooker ? Is it legal for a no burn forest situation ? The more I look the more I like that thing !
Hey Lanluber.... messy yes, but not bulky, its actually all flat sheet mental. It packs down to about 1” thick. I designed it and am building it, a few people have asked so I started selling them. Check out my website: www.legacy-outdoor.com Let me know what you think… I always like feedback.

It is open flame so if you have a fire ban, it is no good, and I would say check your local rules. My tent is a Colman I think, it was one I got on sale at Walmart.

Alex Brame

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Woodburn, Oregon, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Brame
Member #

View attachment 124365
I built my simple two drawer cargo set up to house my stove, jet boil and crockery as there’s little available aftermarket for my 2012 Xterra pro 4x
Is that the Smittybilt rooftop tent (sorry, distracted from the kitchen build). Thinking of getting one and would like your opinion on the product.

Reactions: Seth Vernon

WU7X

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spokane, WA
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Avery
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WU7X
6F72B955-AD21-40FD-B4F8-04EDF8CFE03B.jpeg

Here is the setup I used for many years. It was a modified Australian Chuckwagon. Originally built for 60 series Land Cruisers, I removed 4" from the center to make it fit into 4Runners. I used it in this Gen 3 and my Gen 5 and loved it. Finally sold it when we could no longer use RTTs and went to overlanding trailers.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hey Lanluber.... messy yes, but not bulky, its actually all flat sheet mental. It packs down to about 1” thick. I designed it and am building it, a few people have asked so I started selling them. Check out my website: www.legacy-outdoor.com Let me know what you think… I always like feedback.

It is open flame so if you have a fire ban, it is no good, and I would say check your local rules. My tent is a Colman I think, it was one I got on sale at Walmart.
At first glance I thought it was heavy. Then I enlarged it and could see it was collapsible.
It looks worthy and if you can make them thumbs up. How much are they ?

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
Sorry, I just cant justify the cost of the Skottle over the cost of a $30 grill. I'm sure it fits your needs though and that's what it is all about.
This far it’s worked out great. We actually use the Skottle even at home almost on a weekly basis. It’s definitely a fit for the needs type thing but the stove works fine too. We needed something where we could make a little bit more food at once for all of us since we have 3 kids besides us.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
@TacoNik what table setup fo you have for your camp stove that has a sink insert?
It looks like an upgrade (the lid) of what I use. Mine can be bought on amazon and it's a fish cleaning table with built in sink. I paid $60 for mine and bought a water tank with a hand pump. It work s for me.