Post pictures of your camp kitchen

• HTML tutorial

Venture Overland Gear

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Castle Rock, CO, USA
Member #

bear camp 1.jpg Bear camp 2.jpg Bear camp 3.jpg bear camp 4.jpg bear camp 1.jpg Bear camp 2.jpg Bear camp 3.jpg bear camp 4.jpg

My kitchen set up is drastically different now, geared for overlanding rather than basecamping but these are my go to pics of the ol' long-term basecamp kitchen set up! We loved having all the luxuries of a home kitchen, camp style... so did a black bear in Ouray, Colorado (we nicknamed him Bernie, because he wanted free stuff but didn't get any)

Gustavo Amaral

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

São Paulo, Brazil
First Name
Gustavo
Last Name
Amaral
Member #

View attachment 88094 View attachment 88095 View attachment 88096 View attachment 88097 View attachment 88094 View attachment 88095 View attachment 88096 View attachment 88097

My kitchen set up is drastically different now, geared for overlanding rather than basecamping but these are my go to pics of the ol' long-term basecamp kitchen set up! We loved having all the luxuries of a home kitchen, camp style... so did a black bear in Ouray, Colorado (we nicknamed him Bernie, because he wanted free stuff but didn't get any)
Ohhhh!!! hahahahahahaha

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
View attachment 88094View attachment 88095View attachment 88096View attachment 88097

Didn't get any? What about the dutch oven leftovers? :)

keeflester

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Carradale, Scotland
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Lester
Member #

IMG_5108.JPG
Two burners and grill with a tiny sink. That’s enough kitchen for us. Bacon rolls, fry-ups, endless cups of tea, I have three frying pans, one saucepan and a ridge-monkey. My most adventurous meals cooking-wise have been bangers and mash with onion gravy, or toasted cheese and pickle sarnies

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I finished designing my Overland Drawer 2.0 as my wood one is very awesome but also heavy. Using 80/20 for light strength and with a dual slide out design with a HOB in the middle, I will add storage and utility with a sink. I bought a Dometic 9722 sink burner combo which is really hard to find in the USA with only one dealer which charges almost double that on eBay. My unit came from England in under a week without any import charges. It’s a work in progress so only my super fancy design photos at the moment.

Overkill? Yup. But moving campsites each night I like streamlined set up and tear down

Overland Drawer 1.0, great but a little heavy

My fancy blueprints

The whole drawer slides out, then the top slides open to uncover the sink and burner

The second stage slide out works like a monorail at Disneyland :)

My sink/burner combo, the faucet activates the pump 888168881588817

My build process. Currently waiting for the 80/20 items to come

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

I'd be interested to know what the weight difference ends up between V1 and V2. My Plywood drawers/ Platform weights in right at 150 # and this was after cutting about 30#s in he design phase and a bit more during construction. I know of a few more places that I can cut some weight but it'd only be a few pounds. So I'd like to know how the materials swap works out for you.

Boort

Drifterman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

East Patchogue, NY, USA
First Name
Fluffy
Last Name
Drifter
Member #

I finished designing my Overland Drawer 2.0 as my wood one is very awesome but also heavy. Using 80/20 for light strength and with a dual slide out design with a HOB in the middle, I will add storage and utility with a sink. I bought a Dometic 9722 sink burner combo which is really hard to find in the USA with only one dealer which charges almost double that on eBay. My unit came from England in under a week without any import charges. It’s a work in progress so only my super fancy design photos at the moment.

Overkill? Yup. But moving campsites each night I like streamlined set up and tear down

Overland Drawer 1.0, great but a little heavy
View attachment 88810

My fancy blueprints
View attachment 88814
View attachment 88811

The whole drawer slides out, then the top slides open to uncover the sink and burner
View attachment 88812

The second stage slide out works like a monorail at Disneyland :)
View attachment 88813

My sink/burner combo, the faucet activates the pump View attachment 88816View attachment 88815View attachment 88817

My build process. Currently waiting for the 80/20 items to come
Love the sink stove

Reactions: HUMΛN and PapaDave

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
That sink/stove is sweet. Where did you get it? If I had found that, I most likely would have modified my design.

Reactions: Drifterman

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
That sink/stove is sweet. Where did you get it? If I had found that, I most likely would have modified my design.
I got it off eBay from England. No import taxes and it came in like 5 days, I couldn’t believe it. Dometic 9722

jacobconroy75

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Montana
Im looking at a Snow Peak IGT solution for myself in my Defender build. Trying to decide if I should buold it into a slideout which i can attach more IGT tables or just build in the storage areas and setup near the truck. I have an RTT so my truck is generally flat but ut may be too tall for the snow peak legs. Im also trying to decide between two baja burners or the dual burner stove. I love my Weber Q 1000 grill and simplicity of gas vs bbq box and charcoal but weber is big.
Sorry, I haven't been on the site for a while. I would use two Baja burners. When using the dual SP stove in an IGT you can't use the windscreen anyway. The only upshot of the dual model is that they sell a ready-made case for it. As far as I know they do not sell a case for the Bajas.

I had to postpone my van build due to funding issues and am putting my Jeep back together. This year I am not going to use the Jeep Kitchen and will pack around my Kanz Kitchen instead. My experience found that drawer systems are cool, but they are too heavy, too expensive, and too "permanent"...meaning that I can't easily remove them during the winter and such. Chuck boxes for me!