Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Stafford, Virginia, United States
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Cruz
Member #

My set-up,DIY shelf and false floor and slider for my cooler in the jeep.I am using my tailgate table for my coleman stove with propane.When i camp with the trailer i use a smittybilt awning from the jeep to the trailer to add cover when doing food.All the kitchen stuffs is stored in a feont runner box.On the cooler side i have a mesh pouch where i put my cutting board and ustensiles.

Envoyé de mon E6560C en utilisant Tapatalk
I’d love to pick your brain as to the plan you followed in order to build the sliding rack that holds your Orca cooler. I’ve just recently purchased the same cooler and am building plans for a drawer system, but this is where I hit the snag. What specific slide are you using?

-Alex

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

My camp kitchen box:

beavertree_2729x800.jpg

Has all the tools and gear I need to get cooking.

Here's a shot below of it in the galley work flow, at the left end of the counter, though with the front closed, stove open. On the ground on top of the ammo cases are two bear-resistant Zarges boxes that make up my pantry and supplies. The ammo cases have my bushcraft pots and pans and kindling. At the far right end of the counter is hot & cold running water and a sink tub.

xv2-galley-crop-0335.jpg

Reaper_st84

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

I tried the send you pictures but dint worked.Ill try later.
I’d love to pick your brain as to the plan you followed in order to build the sliding rack that holds your Orca cooler. I’ve just recently purchased the same cooler and am building plans for a drawer system, but this is where I hit the snag. What specific slide are you using?

-Alex

kpherzog

Rank I

Contributor III

Oregon
IMG_4587.JPG
We do not cook inside the camper, though on rare occasions we may want to heat up a can of stew or boil water for coffee. Our kitchen gear is contained in two milk-crate size boxes, which keeps it dry, dust-free and portable. The boxes can easily be lifted out and used with an external truck-mounted shelf, or carried to a campground picnic table, or even into a motel room. There is no built-in stove, icebox, sink or water tankage.

The shelf is a common "training table", legs removed. It stows in the top of the opening in the hatch, and is supported by chains from brackets on the side of the camper. The chains drop into slots in the brackets and can be adjusted for height, level, etc. In between the brackets you can see two armored LED lights for use in the dark.
IMG_5083_Cropped.jpg

Last edited: