• HTML tutorial

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond
Love all the great ideas here...really amazing!
Definitely has me thinking I need to make some improvements. Most of our overlanding is done at 5 - 6 month intervals...and some camps can last up to a month. I think the most important item is replenishing the kitchen...sometimes not an easy task.

So thanks for the inspiration!

Attachments

KS_Explorer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Reading, Lyon County, Kansas, United States
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Lowery
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0FEG
Definitely has me thinking I need to make some improvements. Most of our overlanding is done at 5 - 6 month intervals...and some camps can last up to a month. I think the most important item is replenishing the kitchen...sometimes not an easy task.

What is that solar setup you have there? And where are your panels?

Also, nice kitchen setup. I especially like your pantry in that second photo. (-;

syncro

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Seattle
First Name
Tim
Last Name
K
Member #

The kitchen stuff is interesting and all, but I want to know about the overlanding outdoor car CAT (not car).

Last edited:

jacobconroy75

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Montana
I got around to building my Snow Peak kitchen drawer a couple of years ago. Here's how it turned out.8047D64E-5912-44DB-A464-706F1F0255C7.jpeg
1C5C8180-3682-4598-9C1A-61FF2DC6B3C2.jpeg

The above is a more recent picture after I fitted 1/2 of a Partner Steel 9-inch kit into the 6-unit IGT. Using the house propane tank up top is much easier in the shoulder seasons because butane will barely boil water on a 28 degree morning.

During the hotter months I drop in Snow Peak Baja burners that use butane.
EA774035-7A7E-471F-AB44-806B73CA7630.jpeg

I like how it turned out. It's a set of 60 inch, 500 lbs.-rated drawer slides that house a 6-unit Snow Peak IGT table. Had to have the windscreen made by a local sheet metal shop AND...had to sacrifice my passenger seat to make room for it.

Nothing easier though. Park the Jeep, pull out the drawer, make lunch, roll in the drawer, drive on!

Edit: I just realized that the seasons in these pictures are backward. They were from year one before I figured out that I needed different stoves during difference seasons.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
I got around to building my Snow Peak kitchen drawer a couple of years ago. Here's how it turned out.View attachment 250471
View attachment 250474

The above is a more recent picture after I fitted 1/2 of a Partner Steel 9-inch kit into the 6-unit IGT. Using the house propane tank up top is much easier in the shoulder seasons because butane will barely boil water on a 28 degree morning.

During the hotter months I drop in Snow Peak Baja burners that use butane.
View attachment 250475

I like how it turned out. It's a set of 60 inch, 500 lbs.-rated drawer slides that house a 6-unit Snow Peak IGT table. Had to have the windscreen made by a local sheet metal shop AND...had to sacrifice my passenger seat to make room for it.

Nothing easier though. Park the Jeep, pull out the drawer, make lunch, roll in the drawer, drive on!

Edit: I just realized that the seasons in these pictures are backward. They were from year one before I figured out that I needed different stoves during difference seasons.
Digging your pair of sous chefs.

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond
What is that solar setup you have there? And where are your panels?

Also, nice kitchen setup. I especially like your pantry in that second photo. (-;
hi...been off comms...just saw this...solar system is something I threw together myself...have 2 x 50w panels permanently on the roof fwd of the RTT...also have 2 x 100w panels I store above the roll bars inside...gives us plenty of power

Reactions: KS_Explorer

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond
The kitchen stuff is interesting and all, but I want to know about the overlanding outdoor car CAT (not car).
definately interesting traveling with a cat but she's part of the family...our last trip lasted 5 months so we have to take her...figure she is about half way through her 9 lives at this point. Gearing up for a 6 month tour and she'll be ridin' shotgun again ;-)

Attachments