Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
I think more than anything else that defines our personal definition of overlanding is having the absolute freedom to come upon the proverbial fork in the road, and taking it. No detailed plans, no point to point directions, no limitations. DSC00348.jpg

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Last edited:
Reactions: Scout

chuckoverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Spokane, WA
Member #

WilhelmB

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

12 Grandview Drive, Redbank Plains Queensland, Australia
First Name
Will
Last Name
Beaver
Member #

the first photo was my first 4x4 and first started adventuring it was all very basic and minimal out every weekend and carefree travel.
the second photo was of probably my biggest and most ambitious trip to date back in 2014 my wife, son and I on the road for 4 weeks over 8000 klms the the northern most point of Australia (Cape York) 2 years of planning, originally 4 vehicles and ended up just us solo going. we came close to postponing and then decided to throw caution to the wind and just do it. we had a ball and still rave about it. just being out there and experiencing life.
IMG_0068.JPGIMG_0814 (004).JPG

rgallant

Rank III

Advocate I

British Columbia
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gallant
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE7REJ
Service Branch
RCAC (Reserve) 75-00
Pretty simple for me just find the path less taken

Eastern BC, I had not seen another soul in 2 days, had to cut branches out of 3 overhanging trees to get this far, they had been there all winter through the spring. I still had my R50 Pathfinder then

DSC0071sm.jpg

And looking up the Fraser river in BC, out with Roverlanders of BC for a 4 day trip last summer, sometimes it is nice to other around.

DSC0075sm.jpg

JohnKeller

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Park City, Utah, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Keller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FIQ

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

Tea in the Sahara. overlanding to me is like this, out in the wilderness and the harshness of nature, but yet still enjoying some of life's simple pleasures....:grinning:

View attachment 175940
I have a set like that! Was able to snag a couple of those little teapots, in white, from El Fishawy Cafe in Cairo (thanks to a friend who knew the manager).

Reactions: grubworm