Portable Fire Pits?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

WAYAWAY

Rank III

Enthusiast II

San Diego, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
P
Member #

I picked up a small foldable fire pit on Amazon. UCO was the name. it had some good reviews.

About a month ago I tested it out while on an overnighter in Little Blare Valley.

It's tiny, only able to hold about 2 logs worth. Not bad heat. The next morning, because the fire was so small, it was easy to pack up the remains to take.

It folds down to the size of a skinny laptop.

UCO Flatpack Portable Stainless
(amazon links really don't work)

20191207_212557.jpeg20191207_211424.jpeg

Last edited:

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team

Pathfinder I

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
S
Member #

Pretty much bought the solo stove stove based on the build quality, reviews and the reduced smoke output. Of course, I didn’t look too hard for other options and it was mostly an impulse deployment buy. Definitely No regrets. Works awesome and it’s still portable. They do have different sizes and will be on sale during the holidays. I bought the Bonfire stove which comes with a traveling bag and added the stand to prevent ground scorch. It does put out some good heat and reduce everything to ashes.
I do like that snow peak but didn’t know about it til now. Either way, I read a lot of good info from everyone and wanted to pass on a good experience with solo stove.
The Solo Stove Bonfire is the same fire pit I ended up getting, picked mine up on sale over the holidays. I need to find some good firewood and test it out this weekend.

Reactions: Ajw62428

Ajw62428

Rank II

Traveler III

Navarre, FL
First Name
D
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Just k
The Solo Stove Bonfire is the same fire pit I ended up getting, picked mine up on sale over the holidays. I need to find some good firewood and test it out this weekend.
Try to keep the wood below the vent holes near the top. That will keep the smoke down to a minimum and kick up some cool flames. Either way it burns awesome. Also watch your shoes, the outer shell does get hot enough to melt the rubber off lol. Some people thought they could prop their feet on the sides lol.

Reactions: Viking1204