Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

So the boy and I packed up the rig and the trailer and headed out to Porcupine Hills, Alberta for our annual Father/Son weekend. It was wet and extremely muddy. The road in was, let's say, a little sketchy so in 4H I went.

We decided to sleep in the Jeep as the ground was way too wet. We found this sweet spot next to the creek and setup camp.

Saturday was a total down pour but the sun broke out on Sunday and Monday was a clear blue sky. Typical, it's always sunny and nice on the day you go home, right?

Bear Hunting season was open in the area so the Bear Spray was always on the ready. One of the hunters showed us a male black bear he shot on Saturday (not going to post image, do not want to offend some peps).

Some Romanian Overlanders set up camp next to us and they where extremely hospitable. Even had a couple shots of Romanian Moonshine! Oh baby! it was smooooothhh! Not!

It was nice to relax and get caught up on the American Sniper book.

My overland trailer held up beyond my expectations and can't wait till our next adventures.

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

<p>why does this post look all garbbled?</p>

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

NIce trip.
Jeep and Trailer are looking good.
I have no problems with hunters when they eat what they eat. If needed because of the fact to support themselves or their direct family.
Hunting and killing for fun, well I have my doubt on that. But, hey, a lot of people have their doubts about me.

I went to Romania several years ago, and there we met really nice and friendly people.
Didnt drink the alcohol. which seems a good idea.

Greetings from Robert

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey @cappy410, all fixed, but I had to manually do it. I'm not sure what the issue was, or why a couple pictures worked and the rest did not. Still improving things.