Please Share Southeast Downloadable Routes!!

• HTML tutorial

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

we are in Georgia but might be up for a Overland Bound run in KY on the DBBB this summer!
I will be there from July 28-Aug4 I believe. In the Lexington area I have just been notified instead of the Louisville area. Which is fine with me because seems like most of the great spots to get off road are much closer to Lexington. lol

Reactions: ckkphoto

ckkphoto

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rome, Georgia US
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Knitig
Member #

I will be there from July 28-Aug4 I believe. In the Lexington area I have just been notified instead of the Louisville area. Which is fine with me because seems like most of the great spots to get off road are much closer to Lexington. lol
I made a note of the dates and put it on my calendar. When we get closer me and the copilot will see if we can put together an Overland Bound road trip!

Reactions: theBROFESSOR

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

I made a note of the dates and put it on my calendar. When we get closer me and the copilot will see if we can put together an Overland Bound road trip!
Sounds great! I look forward to it. Gonna be a busy time of the year for me...West Virginia and Ohio then FJ Summit in Colorado the next week and then Kentucky the next week. Really should start saving gas money. lol

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Arkansas FR 1504 also known as Low Bridge Road, offers some great scenery from the Ozarks National Forest all the way up to the Mulberry River. Very beautiful drive. If you take Westview Rd that is just south of there to the Interstate (I-40) you will experience some nice off-road wheeling that will cause you to put several quarters in the car wash. lol

Check my post above to see many waterfalls in the area also.

Attachments

Reactions: Bozz and Nooga_Rock

anotherJeep

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Birmingham, Alabama
First Name
Cullen
Last Name
S
Member #

Little River Canyon Backcountry Road 5
Fort Payne, AL (About midway between Birmingham, AL and Chattanooga ,TN off i-59)
Trailhead Coordinates 34° 24' 4.61"N, 8 5° 37' 28.45"W

Trailsoffroad Link
Gaia GPS Link
nps.gov Map

A nice trail to hit if you're in the area and have an hour or so to kill. A handful of water crossings along the way, a couple of good spots to stop and eat lunch along side the river. If it's dry, this trail should be fairly laid back for most rigs. If it's wet, you need all terrains and possibly 4low in some spots. A small beach area where you can ford across the river if conditions are favorable. Also an awesome waterfall a few miles from the trailhead coordinates that you shouldn't miss. It's very quiet during the weekdays. There are a number of other roads connecting that I have not explored yet.

ckkphoto

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rome, Georgia US
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Knitig
Member #

I have been there. In the spring it is very pretty.
Fort Payne, AL (About midway between Birmingham, AL and Chattanooga ,TN off i-59)

Trailsoffroad Link
Gaia GPS Link
nps.gov Map

A nice trail to hit if you're in the area and have an hour or so to kill. A handful of water crossings along the way, a couple of good spots to stop and eat lunch along side the river. If it's dry, this trail should be fairly laid back for most rigs. If it's wet, you need all terrains and possibly 4low in some spots. A small beach area where you can ford across the river if conditions are favorable. Also an awesome waterfall a few miles from the trailhead coordinates that you shouldn't miss. It's very quiet during the weekdays. There are a number of other roads connecting that I have not explored yet.
Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Brutus

Devin Turner

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Hazard, Ky
Member #

I have created a 200 mile route of Perry County in Southeast Kentucky. There is a Facebook group dedicated to the route which is called Perry County Offroad Tour. Check it out and meet some new like minded people to befriend and go wheeling with. Here is the .kml file of the loop which can be converted to .gpx as well. Join the group and have fun out there on the trails!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/461223900980994/

upload_2018-5-28_18-9-3.png

upload_2018-5-28_18-10-1.png

upload_2018-5-28_18-10-57.png

upload_2018-5-28_18-12-49.png

Attachments

Brutus

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Mobile, Alabama
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Bell
Member #

Trailsoffroad Link
Gaia GPS Link
nps.gov Map

I wrote up that trail on Trails Offroad. It is a nice trail. 07 08 09 and 11 are offshoots of 05. It is a great area for a day trip. Visit the welcome centre on 35 if you have a chance as well.

Sent from my SM-G935VC using OB Talk mobile app

ckkphoto

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rome, Georgia US
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Knitig
Member #

I traveled to this from Rome Ga because of your write up.

Actually I signed up with Trails Offroad to contribute for Georgia but sadly Georgia is not a very friendly off road state. So I haven't contributed anything. I end up going to Alabama or Tennessee.

Reactions: Brutus

Brutus

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Mobile, Alabama
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Bell
Member #

I traveled to this from Rome Ga because of your write up.

Actually I signed up with Trails Offroad to contribute for Georgia but sadly Georgia is not a very friendly off road state. So I haven't contributed anything. I end up going to Alabama or Tennessee.
Nice. I am glad you were able to enjoy the area. Down here in South Alabama there are very few places to legally ride. I visit the Fort Payne area often and have been driving the backcountry trails for many years now. I decided to use them for my writings. I thought GA would have some decent trails.

Brutus

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Mobile, Alabama
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Bell
Member #

I shot some video of my last trip to Little River Canyon on Easter Sunday after church. Most of this is trails 07 08 and 09. It had been raining up there so the trials had a bit of water on them.

Cully74

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Old Hickory, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Cullum
Member #

Headed to the Smoky Mountains for the weekend next month. I ran across this site. It's the free digital topo maps of the entire area provided by the National Park Services. You have to download a free app called Avenza Maps, but you do not have to create an account to view the topos, and its an offline use app for maps which is cool. Directions are on the website page for anyone who could use them.

https://www.nps.gov/grsm/planyourvisit/offline_topo.htm