Please Share Southeast Downloadable Routes!!

• HTML tutorial

Cully74

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Old Hickory, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Cullum
Member #

Okay, so I eventually found out about the Daniel Boone Wilderness ByWay (around a 90 mile or so 4x4 loop in Kentucky). Also found out that it is situated in a bigger loop called the KAT (Kentucky Adventure Tour) which from what I'm reading is in the 900's as far as miles of trail. I've located the gpx files for both on the internet. Actually I found the Daniel Boone file from an older post on this site, by a member named Mountain.Mike. So props to him for that. The KAT file came from http://annessky.net/kat/. I have not recorded these myself, but I thought they would be useful here. I did load them up in Gaia GPS just to make sure they displayed, and I know they also come up in Basecamp. One the KAT file, the green is the main route and the red is optional, maybe harder stuff. Once can actually get some time to get out and explore I can start recording my own stuff. Lol.

Attachments

Last edited:

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Okay, so I eventually found out about the Daniel Boone Wilderness ByWay (around a 90 mile or so 4x4 loop in Kentucky). Also found out that it is situated in a bigger loop called the KAT (Kentucky Adventure Tour) which from what I'm reading is in the 900's as far as miles of trail. I've located the gpx files for both on the internet. I have not recorded these myself, but I thought they would be useful here. I did load them up in Gaia GPS just to make sure they displayed, and I know they also come up in Basecamp. Once can actually get some time to get out and explore I can start recording my own stuff. Lol.
Awesome! Thanks for sharing! I will be going to Kentucky for a week this summer and need some places to go while my wife is in class. lol

Reactions: Cully74

Cully74

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Drew
Last Name
Cullum
Member #

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! I will be going to Kentucky for a week this summer and need some places to go while my wife is in class. lol
I think this stuff is a little more rough than the Dirt Devil gravel trails. LOL. Then again your FJ is a little more beefy than mine. Not sure when I can get out there, but I hope its soon.

Sent from my SM-G930P using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: theBROFESSOR

Nooga_Rock

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Love this! There really needs to be a central source for finding overland routes. It would be great if these were organized by state in the first post! Information such as length, time required, camping opportunites etc would also be cool. (honestly, there really needs to be a dedicated website, or part of OB.com or similar site that hosts this.)

I haven't ridden it yet, but here is part of the Trans-America Trail.

" The Lake Hill Motors (East Loop) is a two-day loop dual-sport motorcycle ride, starting in Corinth, MS and riding 200 miles to Fayetteville, TN. Second day is 200-miles returning to Corinth, MS. Each day is separate and different route. The loop has a balance of back-road pavement, gravel, dirt, mud and stream crossings. Fuel is plentiful and good motels in both Corinth and Fayetteville. Of course, if you prefer, you may start and end in Fayetteville."

http://67.227.233.198/lake-hill-motors-east-loop/

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
How do I download routes into gaia? Do I need a paid gaia account? Also can I track my routes with a free account. Thanks. I’m used to google maps and gaia is a totally different animal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cully74

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Drew
Last Name
Cullum
Member #

We have had rain and pretty nasty weather for a while now, so when I woke up this morning to sun and blue skies I was out the door. This is my 60 mile drive on the dirt devil roads today in Bon Aqua, Tn. My first time out there actually. Some of the river crossings got a little deeper than expected. Not sure if its always like that or if it's just because we have had rain lately. I had one crossing that I had to just turn around at. It was a river. I'd say about 20% are paved roads that I took while searching other trails to take. It ended up being a 5 hour adventure, and its basically a loop. Its a really good Sunday drive to say the least!!!

Attachments

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Arkansas FR 179

I've done this little side trail many times but wanted to post it here for everyone to have the files. It is a really nice little stairstep that cuts around Lake Winona in the Ouachita National Forest in Arkansas. I also will be posting the route that we did over Rody Mountain in the next day or so. Really nice ride that branches off of this one.

Attachments

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

How do I download routes into gaia? Do I need a paid gaia account? Also can I track my routes with a free account. Thanks. I’m used to google maps and gaia is a totally different animal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you can upload them onto the free gaiagps app. If not you can upload them in the free version of Avenza Maps. Both of them use the same kind of files I think.

ZetRocks

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder III

Kingwood
First Name
Shannon Keith
Last Name
Cortez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K15AQN
@theBROFESSOR Wow! Thanks so much for all the trails and input you have provided in these forums! I am looking to make a trip to the Ouachita and doing the run that the East Texas Jeep club did recently. Ive also downloaded your files into my Gaia account for future reference. Great work!

Reactions: theBROFESSOR

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

@theBROFESSOR Wow! Thanks so much for all the trails and input you have provided in these forums! I am looking to make a trip to the Ouachita and doing the run that the East Texas Jeep club did recently. Ive also downloaded your files into my Gaia account for future reference. Great work!
Thank you BRO! Its almost to the point of an obsession. lol. Once I figured out how to use Gaia, I want to map out all of Arkansas so that everyone can enjoy these beautiful trails. Let me know when you come. I would love to join you if I can!

ZetRocks

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder III

Kingwood
First Name
Shannon Keith
Last Name
Cortez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K15AQN
Thank you BRO! Its almost to the point of an obsession. lol. Once I figured out how to use Gaia, I want to map out all of Arkansas so that everyone can enjoy these beautiful trails. Let me know when you come. I would love to join you if I can!
HAHA! I totally get that. I discovered Gaia not too long ago and have been obsessed with downloading all the files I can find. Love the app! On a side note, are you part of the Natural State Overland group also?

Reactions: Bozz