• HTML tutorial

ALNSM_Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Meulan, FRANCE
Member #

HI GUYS !

I wanted to share with you an idea I had and I finally tested even tho a lot of people told be that it was a bad idea.
I just really wanted to make my own opinion about it, and also discover this product I've never used before : The Plasti Dip.

The idea was to cover my back windows with something black.
I didn't wanted to tint them from the inside because they are not accessible anymore and also I didn't wanted to pay for a professional application (Too expensive for the purpose of it, I'd rather buy fuel)
I also could have use vinyl wrap. Once again, I didn't wanted to pay too much and I didn't felt comfortable to do it by myself. Plus, I couldn't find a piece of vinyl large enough to cover the window entierly in one piece.

So, I thought about the Plasti-Dip !
It was a good idea on the paper :
-Cheap : two cans for 35€/38$ shipped to my door
-I can do it by myself
-If I fail or if I don't like it, I can remove it easily
-Also, if I scratch it someday, I can easily "fix" it by applying more plastidip

And then, I DID IT :

AFTER 2 MONTHS

Some tests, a few problems, rain, sun and drive through narrow tracks,
I thought it would be interesting to make an update about how it's holding up and if it's really worth it ...
Here we go :

I really hope these videos are gonna be helpful for you and your build !
If you have any questions, feel free to ask :wink:

systemdelete

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Nashville, TN
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Rumbaugh
Member #

I’ve found perforated vinyl to be very good for rear windows without violating tint/sight restriction laws.

It’s nearly as cheap as plasti-dip, still gives security yet allows vision out when/if needed.

Last edited:

LD5050

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Longview, Texas, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

This is what I think about for my hatch window !
Can you see through the perforated vinyl ?
It’s manufactured in a way that allows you to see through it from inside the vehicle but not from outside. The ones I’ve seen typically have graphic or design printed on them.

Attachments