Launch Member

Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Being a new member, I'm listening to the podcast with the 4 regional ambassadors while perusing the forums and decided to resurrect this thread because I love seeing this pictures. Its refreshing to be in a group where the "founding" members are so very active in the forums and who don't mind showing "behind the scenes" of the organization. Looking forward to more great stuff from everyone.
Great to hear your enjoying them!

We are aiming to have a few more podcasts like that where we can just generally chat and give some info about ourselves as Ambassadors so you guys the members can see we are just like you guys!
It's just down to logistics as quite a few of us are in totally different timezones ;)
Kev

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Love it!!!!!!!
Organization is the ticket for less stress when loading your rig. It probably needs it's own discussion thread different from just gear packing.

Like how do you store your gear in your garage when not using it. Do you just throw it in any hole/place it will fit? Or do you have dedicated area/areas where you store it.

People's garages tend to become a catch all for life. Especially for us that have lived in the same place for a long time. So what do you do for quick easy gear retrieval in your garage.

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

My g
Organization is the ticket for less stress when loading your rig. It probably needs it's own discussion thread different from just gear packing.

Like how do you store your gear in your garage when not using it. Do you just throw it in any hole/place it will fit? Or do you have dedicated area/areas where you store it.

People's garages tend to become a catch all for life. Especially for us that have lived in the same place for a long time. So what do you do for quick easy gear retrieval in your garage.
My gear has to be stored in the house as we're not blessed with the warmest of weather. My tent for example is canvas and being in the UK our prices are ridiculously high for everything so it has a nice warm spot to hibernate between outings

Ultimately I would like a weatherproof garage for equipment with dedicated shelving for everything.

As for loading my "rig" that differs depending on the duration and location of the destination.

Retinens803

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
CJC
Last Name
CJC
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4BMJ
My gear has to be stored in the house as we're not blessed with the warmest of weather. My tent for example is canvas and being in the UK our prices are ridiculously high for everything so it has a nice warm spot to hibernate between outings

Ultimately I would like a weatherproof garage for equipment with dedicated shelving for everything.

As for loading my "rig" that differs depending on the duration and location of the destination.
I have had to do the same with my tent. I have three tents from REI and I have kept them in a building outside in the South Carolina weather. I went on an overnight and it rained and my waterproofing of the rainfly and the tent itself had died. Took my big tent out and the same thing happened. SO my last tent also my newest tent is inside where the temp/humidity is controlled. Tents are expensive

1164 caches is a good amount by the way.