Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

what would you suggest to get my 1984Dodge Ram 250 a couple of inches higher in the front. My 315 /70R/16 are fine until just before the tires clear the front edge of my fenders when turning, then they touch. 2" lift would be perfect but no one sells any kind of lift for the front, Just a 4" or 6" total lift kit. I don't need that.
Call CarlI Suspension direct. (1889carli) They do do Dodges and know there stuff.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
That truck is leaf springs front and rear. Just drive to a local spring shop and have some custom springs made.

Then measure the trucks ht. difference and give Filthymotorsports a call for longer King shocks.

Reactions: JCWages

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
That truck is leaf springs front and rear. Just drive to a local spring shop and have some custom springs made.
Then measure the trucks ht. difference and give Filthymotorsports a call for longer King shocks.
The nearest spring shop is 160 miles away. I'm pretty resourceful but this one has beat me for two years now. I'll probably make a set of 2" longer shackles because I cant buy them or I may just try a rear spring overload leaf from the wrecking yard on the front . I also have a problem here where I live just finding a mechanic. I'm not going to pay them $100 an hour which is what they get here for their labor. There is not a local club of any sort within 110 miles or I could probably find a member who would do it for a reasonable fee. I'm 84 and cant do that kind of work any more for several reasons. It's crappy living in a community where horses are their thing. If you don't haul a 16" horse trailer around on the back of your rig here no one will even speak to you. It's a status symbol. That's not a joke !!

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
That sucks. I've got three spring shops within an hour and a racecar axle guy 1.5 away. Maybe just email general spring or national spring. I'm sure they've made +2 Dodge springs before.

I'd just use a BDS 5" kit, if that was my truck. Theres a Ramcharger over here like that at it's perfect. A truck would be even easier.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
That sucks. I've got three spring shops within an hour and a racecar axle guy 1.5 away. Maybe just email general spring or national spring. I'm sure they've made +2 Dodge springs before.

I'd just use a BDS 5" kit, if that was my truck. Theres a Ramcharger over here like that at it's perfect. A truck would be even easier.
You know what's funny. I can buy off road fiberglass fenders cheaper than a lift kit for my truck. I considered it because I can do that myself easier than a lift kit. I have all the ground clearance I will ever need right now. I don't have to use those bigger tires, I just wanted them for appearance and a better tread design than what I have now.
Thanks for the ideas, all of which would be good if I lived in a bigger town.

Mekcanix

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
First Name
John
Last Name
McLaughlin
Member #

Yes sir I've got an 05, how high are you going on your lift? I'm new to all this but I'm think 4 inches should be plenty, do you have any recommendations?
At this point my truck is running a 2" level on the front and a Add a Leaf in the back with 33 inch tires on stock wheels, as I pull a 16.5 NoBo trailer to get out into the woods. I have in storage my old XJ which runs about 5 inches of custom lift and as much as I really wish the I had a solid front axle under my GMC it rides real nice to work and on the hiway and its decent on fire and logging roads. I am tempted to go 4 inches on the truck, but for 1300 CAD$ i dont see the pay off

Richard Rodriguez

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

At this point my truck is running a 2" level on the front and a Add a Leaf in the back with 33 inch tires on stock wheels, as I pull a 16.5 NoBo trailer to get out into the woods. I have in storage my old XJ which runs about 5 inches of custom lift and as much as I really wish the I had a solid front axle under my GMC it rides real nice to work and on the hiway and its decent on fire and logging roads. I am tempted to go 4 inches on the truck, but for 1300 CAD$ i dont see the pay off
I'm thinking 4 inch lift is plenty for me so thank you for the advice, if I ever get the money I'd like to put some Dana axels, from all I've read those things can get you places and they seem durable

Reactions: Mekcanix

Hank_

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jackson Michigan
First Name
Henry
Last Name
Heise
Member #

Reliability is why we picked toyota.
My Ford trucks have gone hundreds of thousands of miles without a hiccup. My business is warranty claims on new vehicles. I believe it is a perceived reliability. We see plenty of Toyota truck claims come through our office. Any truck, if well taken care of, should get you where you want to go reliably.

Hank