Photography

• HTML tutorial

danrhiggins

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, co
Member #

Cool area. Did it in the opposite direction about 4 years ago. Started in Animas Forks and went up and over California Pass or whatever it is. Then down Corkscrew. Did they still have the outhouse at the top of the route? I had to laugh when I saw it but my wife thought it was great. ;-)

Reactions: Matt L.

Matt L.

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midland, TX
Member #

Cool area. Did it in the opposite direction about 4 years ago. Started in Animas Forks and went up and over California Pass or whatever it is. Then down Corkscrew. Did they still have the outhouse at the top of the route? I had to laugh when I saw it but my wife thought it was great. ;-)
I don't remember seeing an outhouse but that's a great idea. Not many trees to hide behind.

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

Ever since I got this Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens for my 1100D I've been getting more into Photography, watching tutorials and picking up stuff.. Wish the weather got a bit better though, it has been raining all week.
So glad I switched my 18/55 kitlens for this new one, really love it :D it focusses so quick and silent, and gives way shaper images..

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

gDanCO

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor III

Thornton, CO, USA
Member #

Crokscrew Gulch to Animas Fork , near Ouray, CO.
View attachment 87563

Downloadable GPS file and short trip report here:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/crokscrew-gulch-day-trip-from-ouray-to-silverton.22652/#post-307373

Animas Fork:
View attachment 87565

View attachment 87566

Frisco Mill on Corkscrew Gulch:
View attachment 87567
I would like to try those trails when the snow clears, say July, maybe late July. Hell of a winter in the San Juans this year. Last year, nothing; this year avalanches and it is still snowing.

Reactions: Matt L.

gDanCO

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor III

Thornton, CO, USA
Member #

keeflester

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Carradale, Scotland
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Lester
Member #

I visited Holy Loch when I was in the service. I want to go back to Scotland sometime.
I spent 22 years in the service and could have settled pretty much anywhere I wanted. So you’ll understand we came here on purpose. Here’s the view from my front window IMG_1970.JPG

NateDCo

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Deveaux
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF6MNN
I spent 22 years in the service and could have settled pretty much anywhere I wanted. So you’ll understand we came here on purpose. Here’s the view from my front window View attachment 89772
Very cool. Would love to have that view. But for now I’ll have to settle for driving to one.

Reactions: keeflester