Photography

• HTML tutorial

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Have have found my self leaving my dslr behind more and more on trips. Out side of getting landscape shots and shots I have time to set up it seems like I reach for my phone more and more. I do want to upgrade my camera as I have a Cannon t5 with kit lenses and a prime 50 ( that needs to be repaired) but not really happy with the camera so idk what I would like to do. On our last trip I think the Cannon left the truck once. All other photos came from my phone. Here are a few that I have taken recently on my pixel 2 xl. LRM_EXPORT_1106915317887048_20190327_193608324.jpegviewbug_1553734486.jpegIMG_20190327_180503_752.jpegIMG_20181104_171146.jpeg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190327082457060_COVER.jpeg

Attachments

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Have have found my self leaving my dslr behind more and more on trips. Out side of getting landscape shots and shots I have time to set up it seems like I reach for my phone more and more. I do want to upgrade my camera as I have a Cannon t5 with kit lenses and a prime 50 ( that needs to be repaired) but not really happy with the camera so idk what I would like to do. On our last trip I think the Cannon left the truck once. All other photos came from my phone. Here are a few that I have taken recently on my pixel 2 xl. View attachment 93423View attachment 93424View attachment 93425View attachment 93427View attachment 93428
Great looking photos! I love the Pixels, the sharpness is amazing!

FlatLander7

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Garner, Iowa USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
DIce
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0YDI
Cannon Power Shot SX530HS is my travel camera. I use it to record memories not for production work, although I have used it for advertising and brochures. I have found it versital and withstands most of the shocks I put them through.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

jimbofoxman

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Oshtemo Township, MI, USA
Member #

Forum newbie here! First SLR was an old Minolta Maxxum 7000. After a long break, bought a Minolta Maxxum 7 DSLR where they promptly sold off to Sony. Jumped ship to Canon 30D, then 40D and then 7D. Buddy has a Fuji XE-1 Mirrorless and loved the picture quality and sold all my Canon stuff and jumped ship to a Fuji XT-1. Shot lots of High School sports and Dance Programs. Now primarily landscapes as my kids are all of to adult life.

Fall 2019 Upper Peninsula Waterfall tour. Cut short by rain and not wanting to pay for any more hotel nights I cut it short. But still got 7 falls in and the rainy/misty weather does make for good fall color photography.

Silver Falls (aka Silver Bell Falls). Down a long two tracked that was soaked from constant rain. Just punch it through the puddles and hope for the best.

Silver Falls
by Jim Fox, on Flickr

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Forum newbie here! First SLR was an old Minolta Maxxum 7000. After a long break, bought a Minolta Maxxum 7 DSLR where they promptly sold off to Sony. Jumped ship to Canon 30D, then 40D and then 7D. Buddy has a Fuji XE-1 Mirrorless and loved the picture quality and sold all my Canon stuff and jumped ship to a Fuji XT-1. Shot lots of High School sports and Dance Programs. Now primarily landscapes as my kids are all of to adult life.

Fall 2019 Upper Peninsula Waterfall tour. Cut short by rain and not wanting to pay for any more hotel nights I cut it short. But still got 7 falls in and the rainy/misty weather does make for good fall color photography.

Silver Falls (aka Silver Bell Falls). Down a long two tracked that was soaked from constant rain. Just punch it through the puddles and hope for the best.

Silver Falls
by Jim Fox, on Flickr
Great looking photo Jim!