Lancaster, PA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCarley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRFX362
Any trails in that general area of PA that present more interesting/ challenging experience?
Not really. Would have to travel further north in PA for more technical and challenging trails. Have you checked out Green Ridge to the West of you? That's s nice area and not much further drive for you

vwauditech

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lancaster, PA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCarley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRFX362
Looking at Green Ridge in GAIA, I don't see many trails, just MABDR. Is that part of MABDR challenging/worthwhile?
Challenging, no. Worthwhile, I believe so. We haven't camped overnight in Michaux yet, but plan on in the next couple months. Our group will be going back to Bald Eagle State Forest May 24-26 if you're interested.

Reactions: Schake

Schake

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ellicott City, MD, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Schaffer
Member #

Challenging, no. Worthwhile, I believe so. We haven't camped overnight in Michaux yet, but plan on in the next couple months. Our group will be going back to Bald Eagle State Forest May 24-26 if you're interested.
Thanks for the invite.
I would like to learn more about that outing.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Here’s an easy tip for anyone looking for shared trails absolutely anywhere. Simply plug the area you’re looking for into google followed by either KML or GPX. For example Michaux GPX yields this as the first result..

Michaux State Forest

In the very first post is a collection of routes throughout Michaux. Simply open the file in Gaia or whatever your nav of choice is and you’re good to go. Or here’s a link to my folder on Gaia..

vwauditech

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lancaster, PA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCarley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRFX362
I'm interested in Michaux as well. Closest PA forest to me.
You'd be better off going to Green Ridge State Forest. Michaux doesn't have much to offer for trails. Just a bunch of dirt roads. A couple of cool places to check out, but that's it.

Reactions: Schake