Launch Member

Advocate I

New Tazewell, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Cote
Member #

Jennifer it was nice meeting you and Monty and chatting around the ENH firepit @ the Vermont Overland Rally. Cara and myself look forward to crossing trails with you again someday...be good to you and Monty and be safe.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Jennifer Langille

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New York, USA
First Name
Jennifer
Last Name
Langille
Member #

Jennifer it was nice meeting you and Monty and chatting around the ENH firepit @ the Vermont Overland Rally. Cara and myself look forward to crossing trails with you again someday...be good to you and Monty and be safe.
Hello Glenn and Cara! The feeling was completely mutual, what a wonderful evening and the most beautiful campfire ever! I hope adventures bring us all back together on the trail! Cheers from both Monty and I!

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Berkshires

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Berkshire, MA, USA
First Name
K
Last Name
L
Member #

Thanks for all the suggestions, camping the last few days with Remi up in Mendocino - got down to about 40F - he was good with a light blanket. Heading to the desert end of December and we will have a propex heater to keep us all warm.
9AB726DE-760A-4B65-A6A1-81E8E70CEF56.jpeg

Terex

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Taos, NM
EFyvy4a4TU+SrgmHZyDrSw.jpg We were on the road with Buck over two weeks starting middle of October. Bluff Utah, north rim Grand Canyon, Valley of Fire State Park in NV and finally out to LA to visit one of the kids. Buck is a great camp dog and is very tolerant of being in the truck for long stretches. Here's a pic from North Rim - note snow on the ground.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I took Ellie to Moab with me last week and was dismayed I couldn't enter the National Parks with her but we explored outside the parks and had a blast. She's great about riding in the truck all day long except when we run over cattle guards. She HATES that noise and vibration. I also think she pretends to be colder than she is so I'll let her inside my bag... My new Teton Sports Deer Hunter bag is huge and warm (-35F) so we both fit and are comfortable when the temps drop low enough that she can't stay warm in her own bag.

Virginiawilderness

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vienna, Virginia
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Harris
Member #

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

I took Ellie to Moab with me last week and was dismayed I couldn't enter the National Parks with her but we explored outside the parks and had a blast. She's great about riding in the truck all day long except when we run over cattle guards. She HATES that noise and vibration. I also think she pretends to be colder than she is so I'll let her inside my bag... My new Teton Sports Deer Hunter bag is huge and warm (-35F) so we both fit and are comfortable when the temps drop low enough that she can't stay warm in her own bag.
Our dogs were quite upset and confused as yo why they were not allowed in a couple National Parks we visited, especially since they are far better behaved and respectful and appreciative of nature than hoomans seem to be. I can't recall the last time a dog left a bag of garbage or household appliance in the outdoors, or chopped down a Joshua Tree for "free firewood".
We were a little upset that when visiting both Mt. Rushmore and The Devils Tower we found dogs were not allowed. We always carry 2 sets of keys, so in the event we are forced ot leave our dogs (for a short while) we can lock in the vehicle with the A/C running.
It's another reason we prefer to camp in the back country, either alone or with like minded dog-loving folks.

Reactions: JCWages

John~SWNM

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Holloway
Member #

My wife and I constantly take our dogs out & about with us. Since we're big fans of continuing training, we recently put our dogs through a "Rattlesnake Avoidance Course". Some may think it's unnecessary, but many times I have seen a dogs sense of curiosity over ride it's smarts or sense of safety. Plus, now thay can give an alert for a threat before we become aware of it.

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

Took Sofi on her first camping trip last weekend and needless to say she absolutely loved it and did amazing! She is one happy pooch!!

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: JCWages