Overlanding with a Kayak

• You may have noticed, things have changed round here! If you would like more information about the recent changes, please visit this post:

Software & Migration Update

• Guest, Did you know you can change the look of your Overland Bound forums? At the bottom of this page look for the Style Chooser! All previous and new light and dark themes are available. Pick something you like!

Wired_

Rank 0

Contributor II

I bought a front runner roof rack with kayak holders and I love it! I have been in 50MPH Winds on a freeway and down some of the bumpiest trails with no bouncing of rattling or anything. I am very impressed with the setup

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

PCO6

Rank V

Advocate III

Newmarket, Ontario
Member #

I made a kayak rack for my Jeep Comanche yesterday.

Today we went to the "Lock n' Paddle" kayak/canoe event at the lift locks in Peterborough, Ontario.

1 minute Parks Canada video of last year's event …

Smileyshaun

Rank V

Influencer I

Clackamas, Oregon
Member #

I'm really enjoying the stand up rack. makes strapping it down a lot easier still need to get another one so i can get 3 kayaks up there .one problem around here is most trails and forest roads have a lot of low having trees so i have to lay both down and just strap it to the rack or it would probobly have a ton of vegitation attached to it by tge time i got to a lake . 20180623_160026.jpg

Nickzero

Rank VI
Benefactor

Influencer I

Sanford Florida
Member #

We almost always take the YAK's with us. I do allot of kayak fishing on a few small lakes. We bought Perception "Tribes" which are sit-on and stack-able for day trips on the river and for the fishing. They are definitely recreational boats, also have a old Grumman wide body canoe for the longer paddles across open water. Have not broke down and dropped the cash for carbon fiber paddles but agree with your logic.
Nice piece, looking forward to more.
I have never seen kayaks on a Mini!! Today was the day!!

BlueLineOverland

Rank VI
Benefactor

Advocate III

Ozark Arkansas
Member #

Great Post!!! I love my overlanding rig, however I have what most would say the "overwater rig" the Liquid Logic XP10. You can pack everything in this boat. Paired with my overlanding rig I can just about go anywhere! I did a 7 day total self support trip on the Buffalo River here in Arkansas and it was absolutely amazing!!!