Overlanding with a Honda Ridgeline

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Thank you, Steve, that's very sound advice. To answer your question, it's probably my fear and lack of experience that tells me to get a winch/bumper for recovery, but in all honesty, I'm not planning to go rock crawling nor attempt to navigate any "severe" trail any time soon with my RL, I'm well aware of its limitations. I appreciate your suggestion, will stick to my planned easy mods for now, stay in the easy side of overalnding.

Btw, great blog about your adventures with Colin, I'll be following you.
Awesome. thank you for the Follow along! Obviously, we are sort of not able to move about and go where we would like to this year. We will be kicking it into high gear NEXT YEAR and towing our little sylvan sport around everywhere. I will be doing more writing now that Colin is back in school and I have some extra free time to catch up on some of our little road trips.

Reactions: ramblingdoc
Ridgeline has many great features that other midsize pickups don't. The one problem is it lacks a low range transfer case.
That is a major issue in the western and southwestern states with a lot of elevation gain offroad.

Adding an upgraded trans cooler, trans temp gauge, as well as frequent fluid changes is probably a really good idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

MarriedJuana

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Davis, CA
Ridgeline has many great features that other midsize pickups don't. The one problem is it lacks a low range transfer case.
That is a major issue in the western and southwestern states with a lot of elevation gain offroad.

Adding an upgraded trans cooler, trans temp gauge, as well as frequent fluid changes is probably a really good idea.
We just added a 2.5” HGR Offroad lift kit on a Ridgeline. Clearance went up to 14”. Check them out. Our shop are dealers for them.