Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

So the truck came back from SVC Off-road and a visit to Deaver Springs as well. Deaver built me a custom leaf spring pack to manage the weight of the overlanding gear and to get a bit more clearance. Then SVC dovetailed the rear fenders to align with the Mojave high clearance bumper and built a custom winch mount. The winch is now in the old spare tire location under the bed. It turned out so well! SVC also installed a 30” Rigid light bar in the front bumper.
3917D1E8-0A0D-4604-9756-DB31B27CE2C6.jpeg

Sgt Beavis

Rank 0

Contributor I

Colorado
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Jacobs
I'm glad I ran across this thread. I bought my Raptor last December and I've already ordered a Decked system and BajaDesigns fogs. I hope to start taking my family out on camping trips this spring..

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

I'm glad I ran across this thread. I bought my Raptor last December and I've already ordered a Decked system and BajaDesigns fogs. I hope to start taking my family out on camping trips this spring..
Let me know if you have any questions, I have learned a lot by trial and error :)

Reactions: JCWages

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

I used the Runner HiLift Mount, awning mount (which worked great with my Yakima Slim Shady), MaxTrax mount, and low profile light bar mounts. I kept my single row 40” GGLighting LED on the front, and I bought a 40” GGLighting RTL (rear tail light bar) for the white rear work lights, amber chase lights and red running lights. I then added two BajaDesign side amber lights all controlled off of the Ford factory up fitter switches.
View attachment 113648
Great build! I have a regular F-150 but I have similar ideas for my truck. For the scene lightings, I was thinking of doing two per side. How do you like running it with only one per side? Does it light up camp enough to set up?

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Great build! I have a regular F-150 but I have similar ideas for my truck. For the scene lightings, I was thinking of doing two per side. How do you like running it with only one per side? Does it light up camp enough to set up?
Hi, the Baja designs lights were too focused. I swapped out with Auxbeam 5” single row LED floods and love them. I get great coverage on setting up camp and can turn on the factory side lights in the mirrors to supplement.04BFEABB-B6B8-4594-8B0A-7D15F47D193C.jpeg

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

As lockdown continues I am enjoying some good garage time and getting caught up on little projects that have been on the list for a while.

today I got the Anderson connectors mounted to my bumper and tied into my rear winch mounting solution. This will allow me to plug in jumper cables and also my air compressor without opening the hood, just a quick connect at the rear bumper.
F71BD922-FAD0-4598-8973-469F9B624DE1.jpegEC93E2F6-D288-4BA9-A8A9-932BA9ECB63F.jpeg

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Finally got my rock sliders built for the truck! A local fabricator built them to my spec and design and I am very pleased! Can’t wait to get them out on the trail and test them.
A2B5A1BB-3347-4D23-9B93-A7A1F4C28118.jpeg
they tuck up nice and tight and are welded to the frame with gusset plates for strength.

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

60AB2F27-AB9E-4719-B3CA-C8C7E94E864A.jpeg

After collecting parts for a while I launched my major reconfiguration of my roof rack system and a few other projects!

I added an additional Slimline 2 rack on the cab of the truck and moved all the recovery gear to the front rack.I then added a FrontRunner RTT to the rear rack. I built all new wiring harnesses for the roof racks that incorporates the rear tail light bar, side work lights and new front light bar.

I also added four 7” Auxbeam round lights on the bumper as well.

Reactions: nomoeideas