SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
How much does that thing weigh? A raptor is sorta kinda making it onto our short list of trucks to start looking at... Our 2wd Sierra is Is sitting at almost 5k so kinda curious how much yours is with some of the mods on there. Friggen awesome truck by the way, ,And you''ll be servicing those ball joints a lot so it might be worth looking into the process to do em your self. Well, if you care to anyways. They collect an incredible amount of crap in them...

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

How much does that thing weigh? A raptor is sorta kinda making it onto our short list of trucks to start looking at... Our 2wd Sierra is Is sitting at almost 5k so kinda curious how much yours is with some of the mods on there. Friggen awesome truck by the way, ,And you''ll be servicing those ball joints a lot so it might be worth looking into the process to do em your self. Well, if you care to anyways. They collect an incredible amount of crap in them...
Hi,

Totally loaded for a 9 day trip I weighed it at 7,100. That’s full fuel (36 gallons), 11 gallons water, extra fuel, mtn bike and all the gear including the camper shell, drawers, recovery gear, winch, etc. factory curb weight is 5,525 dry.

But it is a beast! Power for days and tons of torque. I love this thing :)

Thanks for the tip on the ball joints, that’s the second time I have heard that.

Reactions: JCWages and rho

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
Hi,

Totally loaded for a 9 day trip I weighed it at 7,100. That’s full fuel (36 gallons), 11 gallons water, extra fuel, mtn bike and all the gear including the camper shell, drawers, recovery gear, winch, etc. factory curb weight is 5,525 dry.

But it is a beast! Power for days and tons of torque. I love this thing :)

Thanks for the tip on the ball joints, that’s the second time I have heard that.
Woof. Not as bad as I was expecting but its still a fair amount. I'll have to get my jeep on the scale...

Anyways, I test drove a raptor today and uh. Yeah. I very much want one.

Reactions: JCWages

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Woof. Not as bad as I was expecting but its still a fair amount. I'll have to get my jeep on the scale...

Anyways, I test drove a raptor today and uh. Yeah. I very much want one.
It is unhealthy how much I love my truck :)

Reactions: SS308 and rho

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
It is unhealthy how much I love my truck :)
Haha, yeah. I totally feel ya on that.
I feel the same about my jeep with its quirks, notchy transmission, etc. In all reality, I'm more of a rock crawling kinda gal, but my wife.. well. I have a hard time keeping up with her in her 2wd Sierra already, and uh. I'm pretty sure it'd become her truck the instant it got home.

We're going to go look at another one together in a few days >.>

Reactions: JCWages

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Haha, yeah. I totally feel ya on that.
I feel the same about my jeep with its quirks, notchy transmission, etc. In all reality, I'm more of a rock crawling kinda gal, but my wife.. well. I have a hard time keeping up with her in her 2wd Sierra already, and uh. I'm pretty sure it'd become her truck the instant it got home.

We're going to go look at another one together in a few days >.>
Nice! You are lucky, I can’t get my BF to go out with me, no shower! Lol

Reactions: JCWages and rho

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
Nice! You are lucky, I can’t get my BF to go out with me, no shower! Lol
Oof, thats rough. I suppose hot springs and lakes and good swimming holes are out of the question too...

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

I’d love to see how you got your fridge mounted in there!
Hi,

The rear set has a 70/30 split and flips up. I flip up the 30 and it fits perfectly front to back and the cord is right next to my powered outlets in the rear of the cab. So far I just have it sitting there and it hasn’t moved at all, even during “Baja mode” runs in the desert :). I am still trying to sort out a way to affix it. I will take a pic and post it tomorrow !

Thanks

Reactions: TexasGXGuy

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Hi,

The rear set has a 70/30 split and flips up. I flip up the 30 and it fits perfectly front to back and the cord is right next to my powered outlets in the rear of the cab. So far I just have it sitting there and it hasn’t moved at all, even during “Baja mode” runs in the desert :). I am still trying to sort out a way to affix it. I will take a pic and post it tomorrow !

Thanks
E972F2FF-C7FD-4DA9-8680-331FD78CDBB9.jpeg
One of the upsides to a full size truck is space. This is a Dometic 40 and it fits beautifully there

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Lol Wow, that fits perfect! I’ve got the Gen 1 and the factory Sony stereo amplifier is underneath that seat. Maybe I can relocate the amp and turn that into usable space...
My Power inverter is there, but it squeezes in barely. It actually helps hold it solid

Reactions: TexasGXGuy

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

So I have completely lost my mind and after rebuilding the Yakima rack system I was still not happy to have to strip the gear, rack, and wiring (quick connectors I made) off the truck to get it in the garage. So I did a bunch of research and found that Front Runner racks has a track mount low profile racking system that will adapt ritght into the tracks on my Snugtop shell. I braved the LA traffic and drove up to their store in Agoura Hills and was not disappointed. Long story short, I came home with a whole new racking system. With the low profile rack I can just take the rotopax, MaxTrax and Hilift off and it fits in the garage. I took the opportunity to update the lighting as well. Here are some progress pics.

Attachments

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

I used the Runner HiLift Mount, awning mount (which worked great with my Yakima Slim Shady), MaxTrax mount, and low profile light bar mounts. I kept my single row 40” GGLighting LED on the front, and I bought a 40” GGLighting RTL (rear tail light bar) for the white rear work lights, amber chase lights and red running lights. I then added two BajaDesign side amber lights all controlled off of the Ford factory up fitter switches.
4C17704C-1CE7-45B1-B4B6-D9BB3061F34F.jpeg

Attachments

Reactions: PonoAdventures

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

After some serious reworking and help from some friends We got everything installed, dressed down properly and then field tested it all this weekend with a bonsai run out to Joshua Tree. 160 miles of off roading (some at Raptor speed !) and the new setup is amazing!
3BBD065F-4052-45E2-A484-06E0FEEBF7D5.jpeg
Set up camp and airing the tires back up last night! Love the way the lights all worked out

Reactions: Tahoe.Adventures