Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

B8B0EA60-27D2-4811-BA47-E360D9D5C44D.jpeg 9C4E5E4D-D121-47A2-AAEE-7EEB37A33735.jpeg Next steps today on the lighting setup. Installed two Amber cube lights on the rear of the roof rack for dust running lights that match the form factor of my rear facing work lights.

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Nice build. I am considering the Raptor as my next vehicle. It is probably a bit more nimble than my F-250.
Hi Andrew, thanks! I have to say this thing seriously impressed me. It is a bit big now and again, but 95% of the time it’s amazing

Andrew Siegmund

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Heyworth, IL, USA
Member #

Yes and no keep in mind raptors are 7" wider than a standard full size truck, so its like driving a dually around.
I have way more experience riding off-road on motorcycles. Riding around in Colorado and New Mexico typically involved roads with switchbacks. I am sure I could manage it in my truck with a bit of back and forth, but it might be a PITA if I decide to go the trailer route with the family. The Turing radius of a Raptor would surely be better.

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Really digging it. I love the Raptor, and seeing one with a topper is cool. Don't see them like that too often.

Reactions: Ncat

mjherron

Rank V

Member III

Smithville, Missouri, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Herron
Member #

Ncat, I have a couple of question regarding your iPad setup and I also have the Builtright Industries mounting system as well.

1. Depending on the type of iPad you have, is the mount solid? I am planning on mounting my iPad Pro 9.7” the same way as you.

2. I’m also assuming that there may or may not be a bit of obstruction of view with the location of the iPad, so just wondering if you’ve had issues there?

Thank you for the information in advance!

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Ncat, I have a couple of question regarding your iPad setup and I also have the Builtright Industries mounting system as well.

1. Depending on the type of iPad you have, is the mount solid? I am planning on mounting my iPad Pro 9.7” the same way as you.

2. I’m also assuming that there may or may not be a bit of obstruction of view with the location of the iPad, so just wondering if you’ve had issues there?

Thank you for the information in advance!
Hi, I was running the x-mount on a suction cup to the windshield before. There is some blockage, but minor and never an issue. However, I would take it off when not off roading. Switching to the hard mounted solution is solid and no movement. It brings it forward and lower, so easier to reach and actually improved the visibility over the suction mount location.

I am running the iPad Mini in a ruggedized Pelican case and find the form factor better for visibility. I tried to use my iPad Air and found it to unstable and big on the suction mount. I have not tried the larger iPad on the fixed solution. I bought this iPad specifically for my Overlanding apps and use in camp and am extremely pleased with the form factor and setup.

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

I am very excited, just ordered my BFG KM3’s and scheduled my lift install. Stand by for pictures in the next couple weeks!

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

56C5F7EB-CD29-4413-9708-6749A876E338.jpeg I got the KM3s installed today, I am very pleased with how they look. I am getting out in the dirt this weekend in Anza Borrego. I will update on how they perform.

Reactions: Jimmy P

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

0024F7BE-4DA8-4112-B5D7-93A6FE8B222A.jpeg Finally got the lift done! 2.5” lift coupled with the new BFG KM3’s makes a great stance. I am quite pleased. So far the ride is good and it drives nice. The tires are a bit louder for sure, but not obnoxious I need to get better pics this weekend, but here are a couple quick shots.

Reactions: CHEESY-POOF-MAN

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

can you post a link to this mount? I looked and didn't find anything like with screw knob. Thanks

QUOTE="Ncat, post: 289118, member: 23707"]View attachment 81237 View attachment 81236

I got the Rhino Rack Maxtrax mounts installed today on my Yakima Mega Warrior basket.
[/QUOTE]

They are the Rhino Rack Pioneer MaxTax Flat Bracket. I ordered them off Amazon. I had to use a flat piece of metal to Mack a backing for the mount plates to sandwich it to my Yakima MegaWarrior rack. A bit of fab, but it works great!