Launch Member

Member I

Arkansas, USA
First Name
Mo
Last Name
Esquivel
Member #

@Iwata77 Wanting to do a weekend trip 1/3-1/5. My plan so far is to start in Dover and make my up Indian creek rd then shoot over to falling water/Richland area. I’m in a stock 4Runner and was just wondering if there should be any concerns. Thanks in advance to whomever would like to chime in

Reactions: Iwata77

Hirvy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jones OK
Member #

Can't speak for Dover/Indian Creek road but most of what is around Richland Creek/Falling Water area is decently maintained gravel roads. Last I was in that area was mid October and water level was rather low and we were kind of doing bits of the High Water Mark trail. Check water depth before going through and should be fine.

Reactions: Mowantstogo

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I'll chime in....not sure about Indian Creek, BUT...we did spend some time a few weeks ago along the Buffalo River and it was amazing. The ranger said the water was higher than normal and kayaking on the Buffalo then was really good. Beautiful area and I was totally impressed with what I saw. I'll take that part of Arkansas any day to east Tennessee, which used to be my go-to for the last 20+ years. North Arkansas is now my go-to place. Simply amazing....

Mowantstogo

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Arkansas, USA
First Name
Mo
Last Name
Esquivel
Member #

I went down Indian creek road and it was a great drive. Drove south to north, looked at dare mine road and i am thinking about coming down that way next time. I may get back out that way this weekend and do some more driving around. Looks like lots of good trails and camping out that way

Reactions: Prerunner1982